Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Error Message During SpyBot Scan

Default Zlob.downloader.bs resolved??

I believe the Zlob.downloader.bs issue has been resolved. My scan today did not get hung up. I had unchecked Zlob... from the ignore list, i.e. no products were ignored and the scan worked fine.

Thumbs up

I agree. I removed zlob.downloader.bs from the exception list, and the scan now completes in a reasonable time. It no longer gets stuck on the zlob.downloader.bs scan. Yeah!

Default To Sandra

To Sandra -
    I think the issue being reported by multiple users relating to this is that even after downloading the TCP/IP Settings plugin - (65 KB) - 2007-06-06, (or the current version available through downloads) an error still occurs when installing this specific update.

I am new here, but have attempted to sort through the various related threads prior to posting.

Here's what happened for me:

1. Loaded SpyBot application.
    2. Ran the SpyBot 'check for updates' manually.
    3. Received the standard updates successfully.
    4. Ran my system scan.
    5. Received error during scan about Trojan.sbi and/or TrojanC.sbi (error in the include file) [Have received both errors seperately but are seemingly duplicate issues.]
    6. Went to Safer Networking, downloaded and ran executable, "spybotsd_tcpip.exe" Created Wednesday, June 04, 2008, 9:45:33 PM, with a Safer Networking Verisign digital signature stamp showing June 20, 2007. (Filesize 106kb - 108kb on disk)
    7. Received an error stating, "There were problems opening the following file for editing - TCPIPAddress.dll" With the options to Quit, Ignore or Retry.

Notes:
    A. Shutting down, reinstalling the update, etc. did not solve this issue.
    B. Even when the SpyBot program said no updates were available, the Trojan.sbi and TrojanC.sbi errors would still occur during system scan.

I then googled this problem online, located this forum and registered.

I have now deleted that file and ran the update again, installing the DLL successfully with no errors. I am now running but have not completed the full system scan again - to see if the original Trojan.sbi and TrojanC.sbi errors still occur.

In summary I think some users still have errors when installing the TCPIP update - not just when running the system scan. Hope this helps!

Great site!
    Last edited by GameDev; 2008-07-02 at 08:41. Reason: testing sig - thought it was set to display...

Default No good.

Even after the update, I still receive the error that there were problems with the Trojan.sbi file...
    DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    RADEON 9700 PRO
    Integrated sound

Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
    Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2. That should fix it.
    You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.5.2.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi, I'm new here. Have read the posts about the trojan-error.log. Got the same problem. I downloaded spybot152.exe already some time ago and it is since then I got these errormessages. When I check my version number in spybot I read version 1.5.1.17. With the updater I've always downloaded all available files.

The suggestion to install version 1.5.2 doesn't seem to fit here, I think. The exact error-message is: "problems in the include file c:\program files\spybot\includes\trojans.sbi" and the same message appears with "trojansC.sbi".

So is there another idea to resolve the problem?

My OS is Windows XP Home. I have Spybot on an old computer with Windows98SE and it got totally stuck. I uninstalled the latest version and installed the old 1.4, but still it gets totally stuck.

Thanks for your response

Okay, I will partially reply to my own post. Discovered 2 pages in between on this topic and found some tips I will try. In my case it's also zlob.downloader.bs (thread 140277 and 154829). Almost thrown away these notes.

But there remains a question in my mind. What happens to the quality of spybotscanning? If I exlude this zlob-thing, I guess some trojan area's are not scanned and therefore I cannot completely rely on the scan result. Is this true?

The question/problem on Windows98SE remains.