Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Error Message During SpyBot Scan

Default Response to what I found out when my scan freezes...

My scan freezes at the following point: 139621/154829: Zlob.Downloader.bs
    I started such scan with version 1.5.2 after cleaning cache, temp. files and cookies.
    I use Windows XP if that's what my operating system is.
    I was told by a computer technician that it is advisable not to defrag on my computer, which is a Compaq Presario laptop.
    I don't know how much memory I have.
    Thanks,
    I hope anyone can help,
    Proxier

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

proxier:

Other people have had problems while scanning Zlob.downloader.bs. See:

Try running the scan without scanning for "Zlob.downloader.bs":
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products.
    • Locate the item that you what to exclude from the scan ("Zlob.downloader.bs") and check it.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default My scan freezes...

Thank you so much, I will try that when I get home,
    proxier

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    proxier:
    Try running the scan without scanning for "Zlob.downloader.bs":
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products.
    • Locate the item that you what to exclude from the scan ("Zlob.downloader.bs") and check it.
    Can you do what md wrote? Also, do you have any Service Packs installed? To find your system properties (RAM and Windows version), go to Control Panel (XP) find "Performance and Maintenance" and click on "System". You should see the system properties along with a whole bunch of other tabs.

Default My scan freezes....

Thanks also for the advice, I will take it into consideration.
    proxier

Default Only scans 252 bots

For several months now Spybot 1.5.2 only scans 252 bots on my Windows XP pc. It always used to scan thousands. Is there a reason for this? Is it no longer being supported?

Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default My scan is working now!!

Thank you both for your help.
    I took out the aforementioned file and it ran, but it stopped temporarily in another file, but it finally finished on its own. After correcting the errors, I ran another scan including the file with the problems and it finished with no problems.
    proxier

Ah. I didn't realize that. Glad to know it solved the problem, proxier. Sandra, when installing Spybot-SD, the file sets are all checked by default correct (except the user trackage)? Thanks.

Seems to me there are two separate issues (maybe they are related I'm sure someone will let me know).

1. The error message being received related to "trojans......" No big deal for me I just click ok and the scan continues.

2. The extremely slow scans being caused by "Zlob.Downloader.bs". I followed the suggestion to exclude that item from the scan but I had to stop the scan I was doing and restart and eventually rerun after excluding "Zlob". Also AFAICT I would have to exclude it everytime I run a scan (i.e. it doesn't stay checked permanently). So how would I know what is causing the problem until it happens? Then I've wasted a lot of scanning time.

Am I correct? Is something being done related to this "Zlob" causing problems?