Thread: user "deleted" after scan

Default user "deleted" after scan

windows 2000. logged in as administrator, updated Spybot. Ran scan while logged in as administrator. Restarted computer, logged in as regular user, and it's as if I'm a brand new user. Mozilla is gone. Emails in Outlook Express are gone. Other programs previously installed are gone.

So I logged in as administrator, opened Spybot, and restored everything that was "fixed." Restarted teh computer, logged in as regular user, and it did not fix the problem. Then I logged in as administrator again, and Mozilla was missing from that user as well.

Thanks.

Can you describe the situation in more detail? Are you running in a Limited Account when the "programs" disappear? Hm. Do you mean the icons disappeared? Or do you mean there's nothing (blank) on the add/remove programs list?

Yes, the user account does not have administrator privileges, so it could not apply the Spybot updates. So I logged in with administrator privileges, updated Spybot, and ran the scan while still logged in with administrator privileges.
    In the user mode, previously added programs are showing in the add/remove program list. Also, when I do Start>Programs>QuickBooks (for example), the main part of QuickBooks is missing, but there are some other parts of it listed.
    All previously added icons are missing from the desktop. It can't see the local server, but it is connected through a router and a dsl modem and that is working. The same is true when logged in as the user and the administor. Login names and passwords continue to work.

I found mention of a similar experience at http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7175334AA5Ye5q
    but there wasn't really a fix. Maybe because I didn't have a restore point?
    Thank you

Hello,

During the scan you can not access other user accounts.
    After finishing the scan, please close Spybot completely and reboot your computer.
    Then you will have access to your user accounts again.
    Otherwise this link should help.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot