Thread: Acess Violations

Default Acess Violations

Today I go to shut down my computer and Suddenly many popups with the same access violation code start poping up. I try to close them all but they are too quick.

This is what my problem looks like. It will not let me shut down properly

What should I do?

Default It does not seem the image is loading

If you cannot see the image My two violations are at adress694c5405. read of address 694c5405

And I cannot see the other one now because of the constant popups

Smile

You don't give any details about your operating system, or what version of SpybotSD you are using.

The current version of SpybotSD is 1.5.2. If you are not using that version I suggest you download it from one of the sites at http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html.
    Un-immunise and then uninstall your present version completely before installing the new version. That in itself may overcome your problem.

I suspect the messages may be in regards to Teatimer. If you are already using 1.5.2 then you could try making a new snapshot of the system start up items. To do this start SpybotSD, change mode to Advanced, then go to Tools>System Startup. Right click anywhere in the main screen and click on create snapshot. Then exit Spybot.

PS unfortunately your screen shots are not visable.

I apologize for my vague details. I did some research on the forums and it seems people have been getting this same trouble with AVG 8. I run vista with spybot 1.5.2 and the kicker is I also run avg 7.5.

one of these should work

This is tea timer refusing to shut down. If AVG is incompatible with spybot then I have heard good things about avast. Is it recommended I switch?

Sorry about the huge resolution, I was unable to crop due to the large amount of popups
    Last edited by SinPi; 2008-05-12 at 09:18.

Default Update

I tried uninstalling AVG and after uninstalling it I received the same mass tea timer access violation popup.

SinPi

SpybotSD does work quite OK with free AVG 7.5, and with the current version of Avast! at least on XP, I don't have Vista so I can't comment. Yes there were/are problems with AVG 8.

Your screen shots of the exception dialogues appear to be superimposed over the top of a Spybot web page, yet your earlier posts said the problem was occurring at shutdown. Has the situation now changed?

You didn't say whether you tried my suggestion about taking a new snapshot of the startup entries. If you did, was it before or after you uninstalled AVG 7.5?

Do you have any antivirus installed right now? I hope you are not using the computer online with no antivirus installed.

To try to stabilise the situation, please start SpybotSD, go into Advanced mode, go to Tools, double click on Resident and remove the tick on Resident Teatimer. Exit Spybot and reboot. Teatimer should no longer be active.

Now if you don't have antivirus software installed, reinstall AVG 7.5 if you still have it. Once it has been installed and updated, do a full scan with AVG 7.5 first and correct any problems it finds. When the antivirus scan is clear, do a full scan with SpybotSD and try to remedy any problems it finds. When everything is clear, do a reboot then make a new snapshot of the startup files as per the earlier details. After this has been done, and perhaps a final reboot for luck, try re-enabling Teatimer.

Hope this helps

PS. Whilst I use and like Avast!, it arguably has a slightly higher learning curve than AVG 7.5, and for best results you would need to upgrade it to the latest beta or pre-release version 4.8.1192. Because you are familiar with AVG 7.5 it's perhaps best to stay with that until you get the current problem sorted out.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-05-12 at 11:01.

Lightbulb Superimposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    ...dialogues appear to be superimposed over the top of a Spybot web page, yet your earlier posts said the problem was occurring at shutdown. Has the situation now changed?

PS. Whilst I use and like Avast!, it arguably has a slightly higher learning curve than AVG 7.5, and for best results you would need to upgrade it to the latest beta or pre-release version 4.8.1192. Because you are familiar with AVG 7.5 it's perhaps best to stay with that until you get the current problem sorted out.
    Superimposed? SinPi, I thought this was during shutdown.

@Greyfox. I experienced the same problems. I think it was either you or 129260 that told me disable it and then re-enable it. I have created a thread about this issue in the past. I was running AVG Free at that time.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=27270

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=26786

I don't think they'll provide any useful information, but it might be worth taking a peek at it.

On vista when a program refuses to shut down during shut down the computer goes to a continue or cancel screen. I then canceled my shut down and proceeded to search your forum for previous experiences. That is when I took the screenshot because of the ridiculous amount of popups that were constantly appearing. I would have taken a better one but the popups blocked the photshop screen perfectly at the point where I could edit it even more.

After re installing 7.5 with tea timer off and trying again I have gotten the same exact popups when trying to shut down. So in the end I have stopped with 7.5 for now and have gone with Avast. It seems fairly user friendly and I like the interface. Also I have had no problems with it and Spybot so far so I am quite happy.

But I am surprised at the sudden turn of events with spybot and AVG on my computer

Smile

I would like to know whether you followed my suggestion to take a new snapshot of the startup entries. As I said, Spybot and AVG 7.5 do work together, I have 2 of my PC's using that configuration and the others using Avast!

However if I understand you correctly, the problem is no longer occurring now that you have installed Avast!. Let's hope it stays that way.