Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: File Download...

Default CompatAlyzer?

"PepiMK,"

I thought this new progy was RunAlyzer and your teaser is CompatAlyzer?

I am looking forward to this RunAlyzer, will you be able to change locations for items to start from? Maybe remove some that we have in and reinstall them later? With these reg monitors, FWs, WebAccelerators, etceteras they all have to be stopped when you ScanDisc and DeFrag is a pain.

Excuse ME, I am lost, this is the wrong place for this or maybe I am in the wong place. Went back and re-examined the Forums page and found I had entereed the wong wone. I will need to go back to reading shool and maybe learn a little spelling as well?

TIA,
    Last edited by LoneLurker; 2005-11-12 at 00:48.
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

The new program this forum is for is RunAlyzer, yes. CompatAlyzer is something completely different - I just posted it as an excuse

RunAlyzer will allow for nearly every entry to disable it temporarily (which means it won't get loaded on boot until you re-enable it). The items won't get deleted - just moved to another location in the registry where they don't get loaded.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Re: A little confused . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK
    The new program this forum is for is RunAlyzer, yes. CompatAlyzer is something completely different - I just posted it as an excuse ;)

RunAlyzer will allow for nearly every entry to disable it temporarily (which means it won't get loaded on boot until you re-enable it). The items won't get deleted - just moved to another location in the registry where they don't get loaded.
    "PepiMK,"

Thank you for this explanation, I was a little confused on this and was looking forward to the RunAlyzer. That is really more of a TEASER I think. I did download the CompatAlyzer and find it to be a little OMH (over my head) and will remove it for now. Maybe some day it may be of some use for me but for now I think not.

Again, Thank You for this reply,
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

:D
    I did finish some optimizations on RunAlyzer and gave it to the team for a short testing today, depending on how much feedback I get I hope for a public beta on Friday

Ok, there are a lot of categories to add still, but here's an alpha version:

Download

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK
    Ok, there are a lot of categories to add still, but here's an alpha version:

Download
    I love it.

It's everything I had hoped for...

I can't wait until it's ready to be called a finished product.

Can this alpha version be run from a BartPE disk? I have a system I'm trying to fix for someone that has a virus on it that so far can't be detected by Stinger, avast! Anti-Virus, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, or McAfee. I can't even get rid of it with HijackThis or any of the other tools from Merijn.org...

The virus is running as svchost.exe, and is blocking the desktop from displaying without actually terminating explorer.exe (I can terminate the svchost.exe that really is the virus, and the desktop will load). It's even running in safe-mode, so removing it without re-formatting will be quite a challenge. If I could use RunAlyzer on a BartPE disk, then it would probably be a lot easier to fix...
    Last edited by GT500; 2005-11-19 at 17:39.

Talking Yay!

Oh, PepiMK, you've made my day... possibly week.

Are you guys looking for feedback yet? I don't want to flood you with redundant information, if not. But I'll be testing this quite a bit as releases come out, and would be happy to help you out in any way I can: A better Runalyzer makes my life a lot easier. If there's anything else I and/or other users can do, let us know.

@GT500: sure you can run it from a BartPE CD. That was actually the idea why we started to write it in the first place

@salmo: sure, if you have feedback, let us hear it

Thumbs up

I've finally added this to my BartPE disk tonight, and it looks great. I tested it on a Virtual Machine snapshot I have set up with some known spyware on it and it works wonderfully. The definitions could be more complete, which is to be expected, but there were enough to make quick work of the task at hand.

I've also run it on my WinXP x64 machine here, although I didn't find anything new.

Tomorrow, I'll start using this on "real" machines. Shoot, I may even plug up a few drives to one machine and knock some out in batches.

WinXP x64?

Did you notice something? Hmmm I guess it's not yet in the release, I'll have to add another alpha or beta this week.

On WinXPx64, you have two separate registry branches for some settings, one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit. RunAlyzer is able to display both (see new post in the screenshot topic I just made)