Thread: BootExecute Autocheck

Default BootExecute Autocheck

I have this message on my PC currently
    Category : session manager
    Change: value
    Entry: boot execute
    Old data: autocheck autochk* \lsdelete
    New data:

From what I gather, something is trying to delete autocheck, is this right? allow or deny?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Pinkmullet:

The default for the "BootExecute" in the "CurrentControlSet" "Session Manager" is usually "autocheck autochk *". It appears that Lavasoft's Ad-Aware 2007 adds the extra parameter lsdelete.

Yes, it looks like something deleted the entry and by doing a "Deny change" in TeaTimer the entry should be restored to "autocheck autochk * lsdelete".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Slightly different message re. bootexecute

I have the following confirm or deny change. Not sure if this is the same since it doesn't have the "lsdelete" value.

Catagory: Session manager
    Change: Value added
    Entry: BootExecute
    Old data: (greyed out and blank)
    New Data: autocheck autochk *\

shp33:

Quote Originally Posted by shp33 View Post
    ... Not sure if this is the same since it doesn't have the "lsdelete" value. ...
    You don't have the "lsdelete" value possibly because you don't have Lavasoft's Ad-Aware:

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    ... It appears that Lavasoft's Ad-Aware 2007 adds the extra parameter lsdelete. ...
    But it is not the same because Pinkmullet's was a delete (New data: ) and yours is an add of the registry entry (New Data: autocheck autochk *\). You should allow the change because "autocheck autochk *\" is the normal default value of that entry.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thanks & new message

Thanks...I allowed the change and now have a new request:

Category: Session manager
    Change: Value added
    Entry: ExcludeFrom KnownDlls

I'm hoping that this should be allowed as well?

Default Same as Shp33

I've got the exact same message upon allowing the previous change. Next move?

shp33:
    donvonretina:

For the meaning of the BootExecute and ExcludeFromKnownDlls registry entries, see:

re: ExcludeFromKnownDlls

The ExcludeFromKnownDlls normally does not contain any excluded DLLs. If the "New Data:" is blank that would indicate to me that that the entry is as mine is and should be allowed.

What were you doing on your respective systems that stimulated those changes?

Default ???

That's the real question, isn't it?

I did not install or change any programs prior to this Tea Timer notification. The only thing I can think of is due to Mozilla Firefox -- I restored a session after the application crashed.

Sound likely?

BTW, I'm running Vista Home Basic (Ugh!) on a Compaq SR5030NX -- 3.20GHZ Pentium 4 Dual Core w/ 1535MB RAM.

Well, I just allowed the change. Nothing bad yet...
    Last edited by donvonretina; 2008-08-15 at 03:05. Reason: Update response w/ system properties and result of chg.

it came up when installing SP3......

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    But it is not the same because Pinkmullet's was a delete (New data: ) and yours is an add of the registry entry (New Data: autocheck autochk *\). You should allow the change because "autocheck autochk *\" is the normal default value of that entry.
    So if I accidentally blacklisted this action (as in check "always do this" after clicking "deny change") how can I reverse this so the normal default can return?