Thread: email notification of updates?

Default email notification of updates?

I hope this is the right place to post this. I wondered if it would be possible to have email notification of detection updates to Spybot as with AdAware. I download from the site and keep a back up in case I need to reinstall

Esteemed Member

Updates have been released regularly on Friday (late afternoon in Germany) for months now. See the Announcements Forum for a history.

With this regular schedule, an email notification is un-necessary and a waste of resources (Money).

Thanks bitman,

I did not know that - will now check each Friday

Gee, I didn't know that either. I've just been checking for updates whenever it occurs to me—probably once every day.

Hmm. I realize that it was announced, but I wonder how many people didn't see it. If there is a wish to save on bandwidth, maybe a more in-our-face announcement would be good. I guess I've been checking for updates about 7 times as often as I needed to, and if a few thousand people are doing that . . . .
    :p

Quote Originally Posted by bitman
    Updates have been released regularly on Friday (late afternoon in Germany) for months now. See the Announcements Forum for a history.

With this regular schedule, an email notification is un-necessary and a waste of resources (Money).
    johnwrites and Grongle,

you guys can always check the Spybot S&D main web site on updates. you should also bookmark the page on updates in your web browser. link to main site:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

i suggest we remind other spybot users to "bookmark" the announcement page or the updates page in their web browsers and tell them to check every other week to see if there are newer detection updates available.

I agree with bitman about email notices on updates. they're not needed and they may not be reliable due to the email spam settings set in the email client. some email users may not even receive email notices due to strict or high spam settings.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    johnwrites and Grongle,

you guys can always check the Spybot S&D main web site on updates. you should also bookmark the page on updates in your web browser. link to main site:
    http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

i suggest we remind other spybot users to "bookmark" the announcement page or the updates page in their web browsers and tell them to check every other week to see if there are newer detection updates available.

I agree with bitman about email notices on updates. they're not needed and they may not be reliable due to the email spam settings set in the email client. some email users may not even receive email notices due to strict or high spam settings.
    As I wrote on 7 March I am happy to do this and have bookmarked. I just was not aware the updates were released each week when i asked about email notification. works fine for me

Default auto updates??

I'm running win7 sp1 on an i7 chip with msi x48 mb, 12 gig ram.

Took me 4 trys to install beta 2.07.131
    Everything seems to be working fine now BUT

when I hit update the update module stops functioning.

the main window tells me "no update attempts registered"

Will i automatically update next Friday?
    Is the update module "not responding" a problem?
    I've bookmarked the download/update page. Should I try this if, after next friday, i still get "no update attempts registered"

Many thanks for the product and the help