Thread: 1.5.2 Will not run

Default 1.5.2 Will not run

Hi,
    Downloaded 1.5.2 and removed 1.4, then installed 1.5.2 after restarting computer. When I go to stert the program I receive the message " Windows-No Disk" containing the following message "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c75b6bf9c"
    The only way I can get this window off of my screen is to restart. Deleted Spybot, restarted, downloaded from another site, installed, restarted. Results same message.
    How do I solve this or get 1.4 back? Am running WXP, SP2 all updates current, AVG 8.0, no cooling problems etc etc.
    Thanks,
    billvan

Smile

Billvan,

You could try looking at http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...07&postcount=2 and particularly the Microsoft article.

A similar problem has also been reported where the C: drive was part of a multidrive raid array, however I haven't been able to locate that post. If I find it, I will provide a link to it.

If no other solutions are forthcoming, it may be worth un-immunising, unticking teatimer and uninstalling Spybot, then doing a cleanup with the "very small fix" obtained from http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html, then downloading the current version from one of the sites at http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html and installing it again.

Edit: the post mentioning the raid array was http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...hlight=disk%22
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-05-26 at 16:23.

Smile

Billvan,

If you google using 75b6bf9c you will see that quite a number of people have experienced the error codes you posted with the removal of various programs said to get results. These range from Quicktime, HP printer software and card reader drivers. Even some suggestions that it might be due to an MS XP update. Nothing very conclusive, however might be worth exploring.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 2008-05-26 at 16:43.

Esteemed Member

Greyfox,

The reason there are so many apparent causes to this issue is that they aren't causes, they're just symptoms. Even the Spybot S&D issue is simply the symptom it displays when this problem exists on a PC.

The real problem lies somewhere in the drive tables on the particular PC. For Spybot S&D this is generally due to a removable media device existing at drive 'C' with no media in the drive, since it initially attempts to find the path to its data folder on this drive. It can also occur on occasion if a new set of detections contains an erroneous path to a specific drive letter, which for many will be a removable disk.

For all the others having this issue, look carefully, you'll notice they are all fundamentally drive related in some way. HP printers often contain built-in card readers, which are obviously seen as drives by the OS. Less obvious are all the various programs like QuickTime, various AntiVirus and others, but all of these contain paths to 'recent' files which may have existed on removable or even fixed media where the drive letter assignment has changed or been removed.

The deeper issue here is that people read past the completely obvious "Windows - No Disk" title and try to interpret and thus research the completely useless complex error message instead. Though there is information in those codes, they aren't intended for an average reader.

Thus, the best advice I've found is in this post by 'ritosh' I found in a thread on the Philippines Microsoft Communities discussion group.

This can happen if you had an external hard drive or thumb drive installed
    which was assigned a drive letter then removed and a different piece of
    hardware, like a card reader, assigned the same drive letter. I don't why
    this sometimes happens, but for whatever reason the original piece of
    hardware didn't uninstall properly, leaving Windows to continue to look for
    that piece of hardware. So, for example, if you'd originally had an external
    hard drive installed and assigned drive letter "d:" then it was removed and
    your card reader then installed, taking over as drive "d:" then Windows would
    be expecting a hard drive, only to find no drive (empty card reader). I've
    found it can be resolved by uninstalling whatever external drive you have,
    rebooting, installing the drives, one at a time, rebooting each time in
    between each install. That way each is being reassigned a new drive letter.
    If for whatever reason that doesn't seem to resolve it then try going into
    Computer Management --> Disk Management, then manually reassigning the
    external drive a new drive letter, then rebooting.
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&cr=&sloc=&p=1

There are many other supposed solutuions that others have found, but a quick review generally finds that they've removed the symptom, not the actual problem.

Bitman