Hello,

I'm new here, so sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere.

I used Spybot S & D a few years ago on a Windows 98SE computer, but I didn't use Teatimer at the time.

I am in the process of changing my security software and I would like to install Spybot S & D with a free version of AVG, and my router as my hardware firewall, with the Windows firewall as my software firewall. I now have a Windows XP Media Center Edition computer.

I am concerned about using Teatimer in case it ends up blocking a registry change that is wanted or needed, such as in the event of a Windows or other program update. Would Teatimer do that, block necessary and legitimate registry changes? And is there a way to change the decision if someone other than myself is using the system and a change gets blocked and remembered when the change really is OK or actually should happen. And is there a way to turn Teatimer on or off if I so choose?

Same goes with the SD helper, which I'm not familiar with at all. Can one enable or disable that as one chooses?

I understand SD helper is for IE. I use Firefox most of the time.

Appreciate any replies, and, again please bear with me if this has already been covered.

I'll do a lot more reading on this site before I go ahead and install anything.