Thread: Problem BHO

Default Problem BHO

New at this If in the wrong place I'm sorry.
    Ok I have a BHO, ddcBsQjJ.dll is its name and its in the system32 file. Winpatrol asked if I approved it as an EI helper, I say no but get asked non stop. It's in start up but can't shut it down nor stop it in spybot in the bho with the toggle. Have killed its registry entry manually but it came back and to top it off, the host file whats me to allow a change. No scans are showing this thing at all. I went online and googled it, one site has it listed and if I get their software it will remove it. (don't think its wise to touch that) The site also stated it was created 2/4/08, in their list of nasties, were dozens (understatement) created on the same day, some they claim are variations on the one I have above.
    Below is copied from the BHO part of Spybot.

{8053AF4F-F35D-4EC6-A411-039EFB515CD8} ()
    location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
    BHO name:
    CLSID name:
    Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\
    Long name: ddcBsQjJ.dll
    Short name:
    Date (created): 26/05/2008 6:47:42 PM
    Date (last access): 26/05/2008 9:38:52 PM
    Date (last write): 26/05/2008 6:47:42 PM
    Filesize: 57344
    Attributes:
    MD5: 3C24D9E9D652C11434CC35C18058DC7A
    CRC32: 3AE31C52

Retired Security Volunteer

Read the Sticky Threads and post the required logs
    Who watches The Watchmen?

It's like you said. All I am is what I'm going after.

~Scratch~

Retired Security Volunteer

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    Who watches The Watchmen?

It's like you said. All I am is what I'm going after.

~Scratch~