Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer keeps logging itself off

Smile Software

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys and gals.

I've actually reformated now. Actually was best becuase there was a klot of crap on my system program wise so could do with a refresher.

Going post on the relevant section but I need some advice on programs in particular media players and divx which I'm not sure about as I'm a novice with this stuff.

Much appreciated.

Dan
    A good place to start is: Download.com's Windows Starter Kit

I also recommend VLC player - It is free and can play many different file types: VLC Player

And don't forget your security software!

Anti-Virus Programs
    Firewalls
    Anti-Spyware: Spybot S&D!

Also consider reading through: Download.com's Security Starter Kit

Thanks.

I will look into VLC player.

Can it play Windows Media Player Files?

I also have InterVideo WinDVD which I use for dvds. But when I try to open my WMP files with WinDVD the sound can be heard but there is no picture. What can I do to solve this problem so it shows visual. Puzzling unless there is a setting change I need to check.

I've put above question about media player in relevant thread of mine in tavern.

A strange problem I have at present is that one of my dvd drives is recognising (data) and can play cd's (music) but it DOES NOT recognice or play dvd's.

Why is this? Is there a setting I've not done right? A driver missing? (though how can it see cd's) or is drive damaged? Certainly my other dvd rom drive can recognise and play any dvd fine.

(for record I tried different link combinations of slave and master settings for both drives but it didn't make difference).