Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bocks Aol?

Also, Sorry for double post. It timed out before I could edit it?

Thanks md usa spybot fan for your help. It's kind of hard to find things without the computer in front of me. Now it is.

I have just been informed that they un-installed Spybot and re-installed it. This may explain why the log file isn't there? What do I do then?

Any suggestions at all what I might try to restore their AOL?

Also, specifically what AOL service can not be accessed?

* Is AOL the ISP and the system can no longer access the internet?
    * Is the problem just Email access via the AOL Web service?
    * Etc.?
    Aol is the ISP in question. It makes it through the entire loging in proccess, but just goes to a white box (Attempt No. 1 #(######)) and just stalls. without giving any reason. and won't continue.

It does receives a dial tone.

Funny thing is, AOL is the one that told her to delete SpyBot S&D lol!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Mobster:

Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    … It's kind of hard to find things without the computer in front of me. …
    Think how I feel. You're the third party involved and I'm the forth.

… I have just been informed that they un-installed Spybot and re-installed it. This may explain why the log file isn't there? What do I do then?…
    The log file would normally be there even after uninstalling Spybot unless someone intentionally manually deleted the logs.

… Any suggestions at all what I might try to restore their AOL?
    Assuming that AOL is installed with McAfee as the default security package:
    1. If Spybot is installed and active, go into Spybot » Immunize (left pane). Make sure the various categories (profiles) of "Domain" are checked, then click the "Undo" button at the top of the right pane. That should remove all the "Domain" entries that apparently affect AOL with McAfee installed according to the article referenced by Bitman.
    2. If Spybot is no longer installed and an immunization "Undo" was not done before it was uninstalled, than I suggest that you (or someone) follow the instructions in that same article referenced provided by Bitman to delete the Internet Explorer Restricted Sites zone entries:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.