Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SpyFalcon removal (help)

ok, i deleted everything except for 2 system files (unsure whether or not its ok to delete), and the NPROTECT.txt (it said unable to delete becaus eit was being used by another program).

Security Expert-Emeritus steamwiz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjelva
    ok, i deleted everything except for 2 system files (unsure whether or not its ok to delete), and the NPROTECT.txt (it said unable to delete becaus eit was being used by another program).

2 system files ? ..... what were the names of these files ?

Run the Pandascan again now and copy & paste what it finds... it should be very small now.

steam
    MICROSOFT MVP - Security 2004/9 .member of ASAP since 2004 - member of U.N.I.T.E

i am not at that computer right now. but the system file names were just numbers. should i delete anyway? and then run the panda scan?

Hi

Just run the Pandascan now, when I see the new log, we can make a decision about those two files...

steam
    MICROSOFT MVP - Security 2004/9 .member of ASAP since 2004 - member of U.N.I.T.E

i e-mailed it to you.. too big to fit here.

Hi

You still have a million files in either C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT or C:\RECYCLER

Please do this...

Go here again :-

C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT

and delete everything you can from the NPROTECT folder ...

THEN....

Empty your Recycle Bin ... if you have more than one account on the computer, empty the bins on all accounts ...

The other things that the Panda scan shows are tracking cookies, everybody gets these... Spybot S & D, Adaware and EWIDO should get rid of them all between them...

Try to do this and then run the Panda scan again, it should come up empty .... if it is still too big to post, don't e-mail it to me, just let me know in your next post ...there won't be anything new in it... that last log was 1meb in size

steam

steam

Still with us mjelva?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

yes i am still here. sorry, i have been a bit busy. i am doing the panda scan now and will post the results later.

the panda scan is still too long...

HI

paste this into your address bar ...

C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT

How many files are in the NPROTECT folder ?

Highlight everything in the folder...the nummber of files will be shown just above the START button...

I can't remember if you had several accounts on the computer, or whether you have more than one harddrive, or several partitions... but go to every account, harddrive and partition and empty the recycle bins first ... then check that NPROTECT folder, make a note of how many files there are (just for reference) then try to delete every file in the NPROTECT folder.

steam