Thread: Spybot ShutsDown PC

Default Spybot ShutsDown PC

Hi,

Recently whenever I run Spybot, it shuts down my PC when scanning "CoolWWWSearch:Feat2DLL". This is consistent. I have posted in the HJT forum and cleaned up my PC as per their instructions. But still my scan shuts down my PC.

I heard this is a known issue and some kind of fix is being worked on. Please let me know if a fix is already available, and how to do it.

I am using WinXP Home, SpybotSD, Adaware, SpywareBlaster, eWido, McAfee Enterprise virus scan 8.0, ZoneAlarm free firewall.

Please help me,
    Thanks and much appreciated,
    yengee

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yengee
    Recently whenever I run Spybot, it shuts down my PC when scanning "CoolWWWSearch:Feat2DLL".
    There have been several report of PCs "hanging" while scanning for "CoolWWWSearch:Feat2DLL". However you indicated "... it shuts down my PC...". Do you mean that your PC powers off or just hangs?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Yes, it shuts down my PC, actually abrupt power off. No hanging.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Spybot is quite CPU intensive. It is possible that the CPU overheating and the system is shutting down to protect the processor.

For more details and possible corrective action see the following thread:
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-03-09 at 20:19.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.