Thread: Any Changes That Would Prevent Video Links...

Default Any Changes That Would Prevent Video Links...

Hello, I'm new and this is my first post here. I've been a user of Spybot S&D for years...

Yesterday morning I was able to play video links with Internet Explorer. Around noon I did an update, immunize & scan. I didn't find any issues, but there was ~150 additions to the immunize list.

Is there anyhing that could have happened recently that would prevent someone from playing a MPG/WMV video link?? I know this is a stab in the dark, but worth a try...

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.

Well you are using the latest version of Spybot-SD? The latest version is 1.5.2.20. Is your Internet Explorer browser up to date (IE7)?

Spybot's Immunize feature does not prevent the playing of a video link.

Quote by md spybot usa fan:

When you "Immunize", entries are added to the system Registry. This blocks the download/execution of selected ActiveX scripts, blocks cookies from some sites and places other sites in the restricted zone by both site name (domain) and IP address (range).
    I don't see how Spybot blocks the video link. What is this link? Is it like a video on Youtube for example? In other words is this a video?

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

Well you are using the latest version of Spybot-SD? The latest version is 1.5.2.20. Is your Internet Explorer browser up to date (IE7)?

Spybot's Immunize feature does not prevent the playing of a video link.

Quote by md spybot usa fan:

I don't see how Spybot blocks the video link. What is this link? Is it like a video on Youtube for example? In other words is this a video?
    I've tested several files... The one I just tried is to stream a 311 song from my personal FTP server. In the past (as recent as last Thursday) I had no issues. I'm never on YouTube, but Flash has no issues playing video over Ebaums..

Are you using the latest version of Spybot-SD? It's 1.5.2.20. The latest version or not may not help, but it's definitely worth a try. Have you by any chance run Mozilla Firefox? It's a web browser. In other words, an alternative to IE.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Are you using the latest version of Spybot-SD? It's 1.5.2.20. The latest version or not may not help, but it's definitely worth a try. Have you by any chance run Mozilla Firefox? It's a web browser. In other words, an alternative to IE.
    Yes, I am running the most up to date version of SpyBot.

I also just installed Firefox. I've used it a lot in the past, but just (on your suggestion) decided to throw it on this new laptop I put my ftp server in the address bar, browsed to a song and it played it just fine. However, it played it in it's own shell; it didn't call out for Windows Media Player to play!

Thanks for the help so far everyone!

Glad to hear. So in conclusion, you'll be using Firefox from now on?