Thread: Tracking Cookies

Default Tracking Cookies

New to the forum, so hopefully this is in the right place
    I've been using SpyBot for several years now and am satisfied with it's abilities, but have never signed up for the Forums. I am currently using AVG Free in tandem with SpyBot. Recently I did a scan of my system using AVG and discovered numerous tracking cookies. I then did a scan using SpyBot and there were no tracking cookies found. I am sure that in the past SpyBot has discovered tracking cookies so was surprised to see that AVG found these type of files, while SpyBot did not. Is there a setting within SpyBot I may have inadvertently unchecked?
    Again, I apologize if this post is not in the correct area.
    Last edited by glindley; 2008-06-01 at 18:53.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

glindley:

Spybot's immunization process blocks the same tracking cookies as it detects. So, if you use the immunization process then it is unlikely that you will detect any tracking cookies with Spybot.

Concerning detecting tracking cookies with other products that were not blocked or detected by Spybot, please read:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for the help. I believe that did the trick. I guess I didn't even entertain the idea of changing my privacy settings as I have not had any problems up to this point with the level I had it set to.