Thread: Strange behaviour

Default Strange behaviour

Hello,

When I'm changing a value and clicking Ok, RegAlyzer doesn't respond and the trackbar on the bottom is spinning all the time.

The only way to stop this is to hide RegAlyzer behind another window (explorer or other completely hiding it).

Sometimes when changing a value, the left pane shows the edited value's key, but the right pane is showing values of another key...

Best regards.

Hmmm... RegAlyzer should be able to detect if a keys contents has been changed, and automatically will refresh it. What you describe sounds like a loop of such actions... though I'm not sure how that could be possible.

Is this some key that has entries that are often changed (like some MRU stuff)?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Esteemed Member

Might want to take a look at his other post about Teatimer memory utilization.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=289

Looks to me like there's some real strange things going on there. Maybe the Extraterestrials are trying to communicate; through his PC!

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK
    Is this some key that has entries that are often changed (like some MRU stuff)?
    No. It seems to occur when there is a vertical scrollbar (more values than shown).

Try this : goto \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    then goto \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    and try to change a value. Normally (it is not every time, but every two or three times) RegAlyzer is blocked until another window is superposed.
    After that if you try to change a value elsewhere, when you reactivate RegAlyzer, you can see the values of the last edited key (...Explorer\Advanced), not those of the selected key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biteman
    Looks to me like there's some real strange things going on there. Maybe the Extraterestrials are trying to communicate; through his PC!
    Haha

While I couldn't reproduce this on the few systems I tested, I found a bug in the code that could be responsible. When adding new items, the automated detection of changes and following refresh was already deactived, but this did not happen when just editing items.

I also fixed the key jumping

Guess I need to find time to make a new release

Thank you very much. Now it's a wonderful program

A new release (1.4, version jump just to adjust it to the line) is now available for download