Thread: Uninstalling other programs

Default Uninstalling other programs

This is probably posted in the wrong area, but heck! First timers are intitled to 1 error.. :D My question is:
    I have yahoo toolbar and according to "siteadvisor" it has spyware in it, may be yes or no? I would like to remove it from my system as my screen is not all that large and it takes up space. I have tried a couple of times and Spybot S&D has prevented it from being removed. Something about changing something and its stop it. Would you please tell me how I can uninstall this program and others that I wish to remove at a later date.

Thankyou:
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-03-10 at 06:35. Reason: Moved from malware forum

When Spybot prevents Yahoo toolbar from being removed,does it say something
    similar to this-
    Registry Change Denied

Resident denied the change of Yahoo toolbar according to your blacklist(or whitelist)

Thanks for the reply. Now would you tell me where this black and white list is located in Soybot S&D please?

Thks

Hello,

Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Settings". There you will find 4 lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes).

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Not getting anywhere with my questions and your answers. Last one right click on the icon, click settings etc and I have a nice page with 4 titles on the top and the page is completely blank and if I wanted to put something on it I cannot, doesn't let me type anything.

MrD-The black/white list would apply if you had previously made a decision about accepting or rejecting a registry change and instructed Spybot to always remember by checking the appropriate box.

I am wondering if you got to that stage or you are seeing the teatimer notification with the graphical bug-where you cannot see the accept or deny buttons-see this thread to see if that is your situation.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

The picture in the first post is in spanish only because of that users language preference. If that is what you are seeing then when the screen comes up you can press "A" fo accept and "D" for deny. Or you can use one of the unofficial fixes in that thread to correct the bug so that you can see the buttons.

If it is on your black/white list-you need to click on the boxes up top of the settings screen to see the included-for instance if you blocked a registry change (always) you would click on blocked registry changes and that would show all of the blocked registry changes you have done. You remove by clicking on the cross at the end of the description and then press OK in the settings box.

You would want to be removing an instruction already given by you, not adding a new one in those settings boxes.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by stevek; 2006-03-11 at 02:29.