Thread: Spybot-S&D 1.6, beta 1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that if you searched on something that was an exact single result topic match in the index it wasn't hanging for you.

Thanks for the further clarification on the partial scanning. After reading your post and now looking more carefully I see what you mean.

I am, however, running XP but still do not see "regular" or "heuristic" headers - nor any headers anywhere in fact. Am I missing something obvious here too?

It would be nice if the interface could show that more clearly at some point in the future. Perhaps either separate the list with a gap and show "Regular:" above the first and "Heuristic:" above the second. Or it might look even cleaner if you had just one list (showing only one entry for each file) and then had separate "Regular" and "Heuristic" columns for the results. Of course, I suppose the trade-off there is that it might get cramped (and/or require using the scrollbar to see everything).

Would it perhaps help to [eventually] change the entire way this is done and have partial checks load the full program interface? In other words, add "Scan with Spybot-S&D" to the Explorer context menu and do away with the properties tab method. Would that do anything for [post-interface/database load] scan performance?

Of course that would be more of a longer term goal request. Certainly not as important as turning the beta gold.

Quite frankly, I'm just happy to have the feature at all. It's not really "slow" in the sense of being unusable - just slower that the regular scan. Ultimately not that big of a deal.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Zer0 Voltage; 2008-06-12 at 01:25.