Thread: Question about tea timer and registry changes

Default Question about tea timer and registry changes

Hello,

I'm trying to save my brother's computer, which has been majorly infested by multiple malware programs. I have a question about the tea timer feature. After I've run a spybot scan and told it to fix errors (which include many bad registry entries) I get messages from teatimer, telling me a program is requesting a change to the registry, do I wish to allow or deny. I'm uncertain whether these messages mean spybot is fixing the registry, or spybot's change is not shown in teatime and the messages I'm getting are about the malware trying to reinsert itself--so I'm unsure whether I should accept or deny these changes. Any suggestions? Does Teatime report on Spybot's activity, or does it assume that's a given when I tell Spybot to change the registry?

Thanks!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

peacockgirl:

TeaTimer reports all changes to the registry keys it monitors even its own. There are, however, some changes that are internally white listed, but I believe that you get a notification (not a dialog the requires answering) even on those.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.