Thread: Advise on: LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe

Default Advise on: LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe

My guess is that the following Spybot S&D result refers to a program that locks down the home page so it cannot be changed by a hijacker. Please tell me if I am correct or if this should be fixed.
    WinXP Media Center
    Thank you.
    ---------------

Microsoft.Windows.Security.InternetExplorer: [SBI $A3433CBF] Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1133832929-1776878147-3642771259-1009\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Fix it unless you intentionally overrode the default setting for a problem such as this:

For more information on the LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN detection see.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default False Positive?

As far as I know, a "0" behind that value hides your Computer throughout your LAN or every LAN. So this could be a Setting made by another Security-Program like any Internet-Protection by Norton or something. If you want to see your machine in your Network, clean this entry; if you want to be invisible, leave it, as it is.

Greetings