Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spybot crashes on start up

Lightbulb ok

Well then, i suggest using the malware removal forums. I am really sorry we were unable to resolve this matter. When you post in the malware removal forums, let them know of this thread so they can see in better detail what was going on. Thanks for your response, and let them guide you to a clean system. You might have to erase everything and restart all over again as i said before, that would be the best option. Good luck man!!

Hello There
    Was a previous installation of AVG resolved?
    run the AVG removal tool
    you may have to go through the remove avast, reboot reinstall avast drill afterwards
    OLD AVG installations do not play well with AVAST
    (old Norton, Panda Mcaffe etc same problem- were any of these pre installed ?)
    If a helper is helping you alert them to the previous AVG installation before doing the above
    Thanks

Default I'm going to malware forum

129260 Thanks for trying, we really worked hard on it, but I also surfaced what is also happening.

First of all I found a strange entry in hijack this and it shows a service by this name

O23 - Service: KXBXSWDLFL - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\Traveler\LOCALS~1\Temp\KXBXSWDLFL.exe (file missing)

As a personal policy I took no action, as I am probably suppose to wait for a helper to instruct me, any way, I googled it, and no results were found than I googled the first five letters, there was some strange characters, as well as foreign language. I wonder if any one knows what this is.

Another thing is Spywareblaster is being tampered with so that I am losing protection from certain items;

Certain variants of;

AntiSpyware 2008

Rouge/FakeAlert

Wista Antivirus

XP Antivirus

Zlob

The message to the malware forum is being composed at this time, and when complete, I will link you to it in case you want to follow the case.

wyrmrider, as far as the AVG, it has uninstalled, OK as far as I know. I used ccleaner to get what might have been left behind. I never had problems with Avast. I'll keep these things in mind though.

Thanks to:

spybotsandra

md usa spybot fan

drragostea

Terminator

ME_2&

Zenobia - oh btw maybe you could send one of those speedy keyboards to me if you have an extra one to spare.

Lightbulb Your welcome!

Thank you for being so patient on this matter! And yes, if you could post a link to your malware forum, i would gladly follow the case. As well with that hijack entry, that does look suspicious, but like you said, i would wait and not do anything until you get a reply. Also, make sure you do not reply to your own malware thread to "bump" it up. because if you reply to your own thread, helpers there will think you are already being helped. So make sure not to do that.

Zenobia - oh btw maybe you could send one of those speedy keyboards to me if you have an extra one to spare.
    Sure,I'll see what I can do.

Good luck in malware removal.

my bad
    AVG does not have a specific removal tool
    but they do recommend that you download the latest version of their installer and have a FAQ on the subject

good luck

Default I visited the malware removal section

The post is found here

If you're not one of the helpers, please resist the urge to answer me there.

Thank you

One person who belongs on the thank you list is wyrmrider, I move too fast some times, or that speedy keyboard must have been sent before I saw it...

Hey, I want one of those speedy keyboards!

@objectivebrianc, although you could have posted a Hijack log with it... :P However, do not post again, as it is 'bumping', so Malware fighters are assuming you are being assisted.

Also, about the entry in '023'... it looks like it was randomly generated. Google showed nothing. However, I'm not sure if it may regenerate itself if you 'empty' the Temp. folder.

Like wyrmrider said, if you are using AVG, there is no removal tool for it (not that I'm aware about). The best way is to remove it from the programs window (via Control Panel) and delete the Application folder. It's usually located in the 'Program Files'.

Thanks and good luck
    most of us can't post in that forum- and should not

Drag
    AVG wants you to download the latest installer and use it for removal
    see the FAQ
    I then ran Antivir's registry cleaner and found a few more items in addition to some 5 year old NAV fragments
    then installed AVAST

the latest HJT is 2.02 not 2.0.0.2 better get a new one
    Last edited by wyrmrider; 2008-07-17 at 02:19.

patience objective
    do not post a reply in the removal forum till helped- but you already know that
    download a new version of hjt while you wait
    you could update spywareblaster
    run an av scan
    etc
    once a helper arrives do NO other removal activity without instructions
    turn off any automatic scanners - for instence
    Last edited by wyrmrider; 2008-07-17 at 05:57.