Thread: Virtumonde: Catch 22

Exclamation Virtumonde: Catch 22

I first must apologize for not providing the requested info for this posting. I really do want to provide them, yet...

The kaspersky online scan only works with internet explorer.

Virtumonde is particularly aggressive when using Internet explorer and will not let the online scanner complete its scan.

I have downloaded Hack This and have planned to run it yet once again, I can't complete the kaspersky scan.
    Meanwhile I downloaded kaspersky's free trial of anti virus.
    Will a report from this program suffice instead of the online scan?
    Will the kaspersky anti virus be able to dispose virtumonde on its own?
    More specifically if kaspersky says a dll file cannot and asks to delete it, is it safe to do so?

Please help

Unhappy Hello... Is there anybody out there?

perhaps you could tell me if Kaspersky anti-virus can even export its scan reports?

p.s. The word missing sentence in the mistyped above is, if Kaspersky cannot disinfect...

Default ?

why come my post no answer? is me bad poster?

Default IE corupt: no KAV scan

the online Kaspersky scan is only possible on Internet Explorer. What should I do if virtumonde messes IE up to make the scan impossible?

p.s. I've got the HJT log yet am waiting to reconnect my infected computer to the Internet after I know what to do. It seems the longer I am connected with any browser the more dammage the virus does.

Where do I go from here?
    Please help
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-06-11 at 05:18. Reason: Mod: merged two topics

Hello,

I understand your frustration with an infected machine, however our sticky topics clearly state that members should not bump their thread or start new topics, and the reason why.

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Also,
    If you cannot run the Spybot or Anti Virus scan at all, please go ahead and post the HJT log along with a note regarding scan/s failure.
    Although you posted in the Spybot-S&D forum previously: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=29180 the malware removal forum is manned by trained volunteers. There are far more users seeking assistance than helpers.

Which is one reason for this topic: The Waiting Room: Post here if waiting for help longer than four days
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefoot View Post
    I have downloaded Hack This and have planned to run it yet once again,
    If you can produce the HJT log, start a new topic providing that with a link back to this one, as helpers look for threads without a response.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016