Thread: Flickering/Vanishing Taskbar and desktop icons / gomyhit.com

Red face Flickering/Vanishing Taskbar and desktop icons / gomyhit.com

When this problem started, (flickering on and off of the desktop icons and taskbar) I changed my desktop wallpaper to 'none' and had the posting of 'Getting rid of spyware from my computer' with a download button and another 'click here' link with the target to gomyhit.com. i never clicked it, but its the family desktop, so not sure. I've been trying to work on the desktop from my laptop through the home network. Here is the HJT log. Also, I had CrossLoop running when I did the scan. Please let me know what else is needed:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 7:59:41 PM, on 6/9/2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
    C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
    C:\Program Files\CrossLoop\CrossLoopConnect.exe
    C:\Program Files\CrossLoop\winvnc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
    O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {535476F5-FBA4-472D-B781-6A77E338D68F} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\xxyxYoNf.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {97347B93-5D75-413E-BE23-E3E0DF025DC8} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nnnkHBRJ.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EA3E4D06-4A35-4D0D-8D60-F9D6AB32923C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qoMfeFUl.dll
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O16 - DPF: {2D8ED06D-3C30-438B-96AE-4D110FDC1FB8} (ActiveScan 2.0 Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/actives.../as2stubie.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A3D4FB9E-F82E-40FD-9D18-035BBC32EE38}: NameServer = 4.2.2.2,4.2.2.3
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: qoMfeFUl - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\qoMfeFUl.dll
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
    O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: PCTEL Speaker Phone (Pctspk) - PCtel, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
    O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
    O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe

--
    End of file - 4443 bytes

In Memoriam -Always in our heart pskelley's Avatar

Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
    "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    All advice given is taken at your own risk.
    Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

You are infected, I suggest you keep this computer offline except when troubleshooting, the junk may download more. If you have any tool I use, delete it and download it new from the link I provide. Read and follow the directions carefully, the tools will not work unless you do.
    This can be a tough infection to remove so do not expect fast or easy.

You have problems, I am not sure if the malware contributes to your symptoms but it is likely. I can make no promises other than I will do my best, if that works for you then do this.

1) Posted above and pinned (sticky) to the top of the forum are the directions, please read them.

2) C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\ <<< I am 99.9% sure you are running an out of date antivirus program (5/31/2008) This being the case we are both wasting our time cleaning a computer that will reinfect. Here is the download link for AVG 8 (free) if that was your plan:
    http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download-...s-free-edition
    One way or another get an up to date antivirus program and run a system scan removing what it finds.

3) Kaspersky Online Scan (KOS) is required, once your resident antivirus program is finished, run and post this scan:
    Run this online scan using Internet Explorer:
    Kaspersky Online Scanner from http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
    Next Click on Launch Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.

* The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
    * Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
    * Now click on Scan Settings
    * In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    * Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    * Standard
    * Scan Options:
    * Scan Archives
    * Scan Mail Bases
    * Click OK
    * Now under select a target to scan:
    * Select My Computer
    * This will program will start and scan your system.
    * The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
    * Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    * Now click on the Save as Text button:
    * Save the file to your desktop.

Then post it here along with a new HJT log. Tell me about symptoms of malware you are having and post any error messages you receive word for word.

Thanks
    MS-MVP Consumer Security 2007-08-09
    Proud Member ASAP
    UNITE Member 2006