Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe???

Oh... I see. Thanks for clarifying.

I actually thought it was a prompt by TeaTimer. You do have it active correct?

From your first entry, it said "RunOnce", which meant it would boot up during the next restart. And only that time. Have you restarted the computer since you encountered the start-up entries?

If so, does it still show up?
    ---

I checked my Startup list in Spybot Advanced. I saw only some registry keys and "WinLogon (Current System)". I also saw some items were highlighted.

As you may know... Red may stand for not so good.

What I can suggest is that, you disable both. Are they in red?

And see what happens... if you experience some error message or odd "activity" then I would suggest you re-enable it.

I got some info. about "launcher.exe" from my WinPatrol PLUS.
    --

http://www.winpatrol.com/db/plus2007...launcher.exe&1

--

Hope this does you good.

Smile

Alright thanks a lot, drragostea! Yes this helps quite a bit, and yes i have teatimer active, I wouldn't dream of turning it off! I appreciate you taking the time to help me find some answers. I have restarted my computer several times and it is still listed in the start up entries as it's been for some time now as far as i can guess.

(Also, sorry about not clarifying where exactly i found it. I hope I haven't taken too much of your time. I really do appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me.)
    Last edited by avaldi; 2008-06-14 at 19:24.

Nah, it's fun to help others. It hasn't taken up much of my time. I'm glad the problem was resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by avaldi View Post
    ...I have restarted my computer several times and it is still listed in the start up entries as it's been for some time now as far as i can guess.
    That's not good... have you tried unticking the check box next the 'launcher.exe" entries?

Also, any error messages or anything that is not the normal everyday behavior?

I had to go get some food, I'm back now and I will now try to untick it and let you know how it goes.

I restarted my computer with the entry unticked and everything seems to work the same as before no errors at all. I tested every application on my computer and it all loaded up just fine.

Glad to hear. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

--Eric.

Talking

alright! Thank you very much! I appreciate your help!