Thread: my computer is soooo screwed up

Angry my computer is soooo screwed up

hi, im new here and im not gonna lie i really don't know that much about this kind of stuff but i have something on my computer that when i am online a new tab will open and say that my computer is infected, i dont download anything, but now i have a little red sheild in the bottom right hand side of my toolbar and it says that i have "automatic updates turned off" but i dont, i have Mcafee virus scan plus and a trial version of kaspersky, and i cannot get the thing to go away....i need help bad....i ran kaspersky and it said i have something like 12 viruses on my computer... one says something like "not_adware".....and i have just noticed that my clock on my comp has been changed to the 24 hour format, and i didnt do it!!!!!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?????? THANK YOU!!!!!

Hi there,

In order for one of our volunteer helpers to advise you, please follow the procedure in this sticky:

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log. I will close this one as helpers look for threads without a response.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Unhappy hjt???

like i said before i have no idea what an hjt log is and i don't know how to run one some one please help!!!!!!
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-06-14 at 20:07. Reason: Mod: re-opened original topic and merged

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hi there,

In order for one of our volunteer helpers to advise you, please follow the procedure in this sticky:

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log.
    Quote Originally Posted by blessedbe1985 View Post
    like i said before i have no idea what an hjt log is and i don't know how to run one some one please help!!!!!!
    Hello,

Did you read the instructions in the link I provided? It tells you exactly how to produce a log.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016