Thread: firewall override

Default firewall override

i keep getting this problem back..after a scan i check to fix problem and it does..when i scan again i get the same message back..
    can someone give me an idea of what to do
    ty
    hat

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\securitycenter\firewalloverride!=dword:0

i have also tried to reset in windows security but wont allow me
    xp sp2

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I assume that you are the same ty hatman who posted using the member name hatmancan in the following thread:
    firewall overide
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=2441

Unless you get the Windows firewall running or use another firewall, Windows Security Center can not monitor it. Therefore resetting the "FirewallOverride" Registry entry via Spybot or via Windows Security Center will not help. Have you considered contacting Microsoft to find out why you can not enable the Windows firewall?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

yes same hatman..

i have not contacted microsoft...

i think i may be better off to get zone alarm...this is better from what i hear anyways
    is that what u would recommend???
    ty
    again

Edit:
    This account disabled, one user, one account please.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=2441
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-08-29 at 02:46. Reason: Added comment

I personally use ZoneAlarm, however you indicated before that "i found it slowed me down big time".

There are others. See a list of some free firewalls here:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default firewall override

I am getting very frustrated with this problem being found everytime i run spybot and i have it removed only to be there again the next time i run spybot, can you offer any advice . I have followed the link back to the registry and find that it is with windows security centre, i noticed that the registry entry was zero and other settings where set to one so thought i would change this and see what happened, but it seemed to make no difference i still find it when i run spybot and remove it again only to have it there again the next time.
    Any suggestions as to why.

williameric

williameric:

What firewall are you running?

What is the actual detection you are getting? Please post a log of the actual detection you are getting. To do that:
    • Run another scan.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Then paste those results to a new post in this thread.