Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just me or Virtumonde on the rise

Default Just me or Virtumonde on the rise

Is it just me or is virtumonde infecting more and more. Wierd. Anyone have any insight on this?

Exclamation

The thing with a lot of spyware is, it relies on ignorance (e.g. not knowing what a phishing attack is) and stupidity of the user (e.g. not having a Firewall and not keeping relevant programs up-to-date) to spread, that is why Pests like Virtumonde and Smitfraud are becoming more common!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    The thing with a lot of spyware is, it relies on ignorance (e.g. not knowing what a phishing attack is) and stupidity of the user (e.g. not having a Firewall and not keeping relevant programs up-to-date) to spread, that is why Pests like Virtumonde and Smitfraud are becoming more common!
    Well also... not everyone is as knowledgeable and advanced as we are. Many take computer classes... others are self-taught.

Many in the cyber-world are just beginners. Just making the first connection to the Internet.

However, not all in the cyber world is benign. Spyware has become a heck lot worse compared to the past.

It depends on User Decision. Downloading crack and warez. Going to places where they shouldn't go.
    ---
    Virtuemonde and SmitFraud are heck persistent to remove. It's like leeches. I recall removing Virtuemonde with Spybot, after scanning and fixing it 30 times.

Superantispyware however, did the job of removing SmitFraud. Spybot-SD found the traces.

Nowadays, there's more variants than you can count.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Well also... not everyone is as knowledgeable and advanced as we are. Many take computer classes... others are self-taught.

Many in the cyber-world are just beginners. Just making the first connection to the Internet.

However, not all in the cyber world is benign. Spyware has become a heck lot worse compared to the past.

It depends on User Decision. Downloading crack and warez. Going to places where they shouldn't go.
    ---
    Virtuemonde and SmitFraud are heck persistent to remove. It's like leeches. I recall removing Virtuemonde with Spybot, after scanning and fixing it 30 times.

Superantispyware however, did the job of removing SmitFraud. Spybot-SD found the traces.

Nowadays, there's more variants than you can count.
    Thats exactly what I was trying to say I just couldn't find the words.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Anyone know the origin of Virtumonde? I'l go to the guy's house that made it and....... I wont speak more of this, he might be watching.

@Terminator: Aha, nice try. But it's my words.

@Soldier: Well if we all know who made Virtuemonde, then the "guy" or female would be arrested and charged by now.

Of course, Virtuemonde can't infect you just by posting this, Soldier. Lols.

Thats Not What Im Talking About!!! Stick To The Plan! You Bring The Axe, And I Bring The Bag And Rags! Just Do It! Oh Noes! He Knows What We Are Planning! Run!

DarkSoldier... is this a joke/play?

Virtuemonde could be created by a male or a female. Who knows?

The purpose of the Tavern is:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=187
    --
    It's for unrelated tech questions. -.-

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hi Tashi

We are aware of that. But like the OP says, there seems to be an increse of such infections. How come ? And who are the people behind it ?

Greetz, Red.