Thread: Runalyzer w/ Win95

Default Runalyzer w/ Win95

I guess this program isn't supposed to run with Windows 95, is it?

At first, I had to copy a system file from a Win98 partition to the Win95 system folder (msimg32.dll), when I then launched the program I got many error messages, like

"Die Datenbank der Konfigurationsregistrierung ist beschädigt" (5 times)

"Ein E/A Vorgang der durch die Registrierung ausgelöst wurde, ist fehlgeschlagen. Dieser Fehler ist nicht korrigierbar. Die Registrierung konnte eine Datei mit System-Speicherabbild nicht einlesen oder schreiben".(5 times)

(I know these error messages are in german, so I guess it's the OS that goes on strike, not the program itself).

Then the program opens and I get an access violation.

P.S: This is not a complaint or something, I assume this program wasn't supposed to work with Win95 anyway.
    Just wanted to share my experiences...
    Last edited by NoNameNeeded; 2006-04-05 at 03:16.

Hmmm thanks for the report. Yes, those messages do come from the OS, though it's probably thanks to a OS call made by RunAlyzer. There should be only one requirement on Win95: that comctl32.dll is at least version 4.72.

The messages you received could be part of the automated detection of other registries. Since you mention a Win98 partition, if that one is visible from Win95, it could be that RunAlyzer tried to "mount" that installations registry, too, and failed there. Mounting of remote installation registries should work without problems for NT/2k/XP/2003, but the status of Win95/98 registry mounting may be not quite optimal. We'll have to test this some more
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)