Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Distributed Testing, updated to 1.6 and leaving beta status

Exclamation Problem with test target

Hi,

I noticed one of my machines running distributed testing was using 100% of the processors of my dual core machine (50% CPU) for over a day. I stopped and restarted the service a few times and the download queue was getting longer and it seemed stuck on one entry:-

Testing now: SDDT-Win32.Hidden.RTK-Yodama.sbi

To check, I installed the client on my other machine, a quad core, with the same effects. It has been also stuck testing this item overnight and is using 25% cpu (100% of 1 processor core)

Could you look into this please? The queued test list is getting quite long and I would hate the alternative of shutting down the service as the excessive cpu use is hindering my normal use of the machines.

Can you email me with your response as I am unwilling to commit so much constant cpu resource to testing one possibly faulty rule test and will be forced to terminate my involvement in the testing program if this problem persists.

Thank you
    Tamxir

Ps - I am using the current version 1.6 of the S/W and the OS on my machines is 1. XP Pro SP3 2. Vista Ult SP1
    Last edited by tamxir; 2008-11-25 at 21:09. Reason: additional information

Further to my previous post, I have sent my sbsdscan.ini as suggested in an earlier thread post.

Sorry for the multiple post. I get a bit crabby when I wake up for my first coffee and I see both my babies (2 nice PC's) are using up cpu on I what don't know.

I've had my coffee now and I'm settled.

tamxir

PS again. Maybe I should go back to bed. Normally I can say what I need to in one post with zero edits

I've had no virus checker or firwall issues with any testing (Avast and OutPost Pro). Also, the client runs fine otherwise.
    Last edited by tamxir; 2008-11-25 at 21:48. Reason: additional information

This issue sound like the one PepiMK mentioned with the expired license file.
    You will need to install the new version of the distributed testing client, the installer can be manually downloaded here
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Lightbulb anyone know yet......

about the post i made along with other people on the last page?

"I have downloaded and installed the latest update for the testing console, however, even though i have the latest update installed, when i click "about" in the program (which seems to go straight to the updater for some reason) I get the following: There's a new version, 1.6.1, available. Update to 1.6.1 is required to run after November 23rd, 2008. Do you want to download it? And when i click no, (as i have already did the update) it brings me to the about screen and says the following info: spybot s&d distributed testing console 1.6.1.15 Which is the latest version.....yet it keeps telling me a new update is available, and yet i already have it. Just thought i would let you know of this. Uninstall and install again does not help. So ya, little bug "

Default Update re McAfee and PoisonIvy-micha

Quote Originally Posted by ispycookies View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I have restarted sddt and it ran through everything fine, EXCEPT that McAfee is still finding a "virus" on the same test:
    Code:
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:28 AM Testing now: SDDT-PoisonIvy-micha.sbi...
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:28 AM Downloading next: SDDT-PoisonIvy-micha.sbi
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:28 AM File received.
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:28 AM Wrote configuration file.
    (!) 11/3/2008 10:28 AM The log file that should have been created (logs\4082.xml) was not found!
    (!) 11/3/2008 10:28 AM Damn, could not upload results, will try again later!
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:28 AM Failed, need to retest!
    Code:
    (Service stopped successfully.)
    (Service started successfully.)
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM 
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM Queued tests:
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM SDDT-PoisonIvy-micha.sbi        4082 2008-10-24 14:13:48
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM Testing now: SDDT-PoisonIvy-micha.sbi...
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM Downloading next: SDDT-PoisonIvy-micha.sbi
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM File received.
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM Wrote configuration file.
    (!) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM The log file that should have been created (logs\4082.xml) was not found!
    (!) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM Damn, could not upload results, will try again later!
    (i) 11/3/2008 10:38 AM Failed, need to retest!
    And McAfee snatches up and quarantine's the ini for the above test, same as before.

But at least all of the other tests ran successfully.

Hopefully a update to McAfee in the near future will fix this; otherwise that test is never going to complete!
    sddt had been running well and without any McAfee warnings since maybe a week after my last post (which was the beginning of November). However, the recent PoisonIvy-micha test is again triggering McAfee the same as before, only this time when McAfee quarantine's the ini file it causes sddt to crash, but sddt stays at 50% CPU usage until I click on the window that tells Windows whether or not to send an error report. Below is the info from the log:
    (i) 12/9/2008 2:20 PM Testing now: SDDT-Win32.PoisonIvy.j-micha.sbi...
    (i) 12/9/2008 2:20 PM Downloading next: SDDT-Win32.PoisonIvy.j-micha.sbi
    (i) 12/9/2008 2:20 PM File received.
    (i) 12/9/2008 2:20 PM Wrote configuration file.
    (i) 12/9/2008 2:22 PM Exception EFOpenError in module sbsdscan.exe at 0001FD03.
    (i) 12/9/2008 2:22 PM Cannot open file "C:\Program Files\SDistTest\sbsdscan.ini". Access is denied.
    (i) 12/9/2008 2:22 PM
    (!) 12/9/2008 2:22 PM The log file that should have been created (logs\4452.xml) was not found!
    (!) 12/9/2008 2:22 PM Damn, could not upload results, will try again later!
    (i) 12/9/2008 2:22 PM Failed, need to retest!
    Unfortunately I do not have the time right now to do any troubleshooting, but I wanted to at least pass on this information which I hope will be helpful. I'll need to disable sddt for the time being. But I'll try it periodically over the next weeks/months to see if the issue has somehow gotten resolve either on McAfee's end or with sddt.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    This issue sound like the one PepiMK mentioned with the expired license file.
    You will need to install the new version of the distributed testing client, the installer can be manually downloaded here
    Thanks Yodama. I've been a bit too busy to revisit the issue but I just downloaded the new client as you recommended and all is fixed now and running well. The 2nd machine should be up and testing also soon.

Regards
    Tamxir
    Nobody really knows what they are doing.

Default SDDT-Sec-Test.gen-Buster.sbi

I got a problem on this detection it's been running for more than 4 day without result...
    Got any advise to start the next one?

Default SDDT-Sec-Test.gen-Buster.sbi

Updated to new version it's working fine now...

Question Help new S&D not working

I uninstalled my older S&D because my computer is a mess with the spyware 2009. Have to get to that nexxt. For now I need to use the new version and I have doanloaded with out auto updates checked as read about in post. I also disabled the firewall while doing so, just in case. On my desk top but I still can't open it. Please help

Edit -tashi
    Malware forum topic:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=42436&page=4

Hello, I'm french and I find Sbsd is a very good idea^^

I use it a lot but i'ts not very Practice. It would be nice, to can send sbsd in the task bar in a very next version like folding@home or lot's of software. !