Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Distributed Testing, updated to 1.6 and leaving beta status

Until today I never did look at any of the "features" of this....and just kind of let it do it's thing automatically.

Default Distributed Testing & BSD

Hi

I have just uninstalled Distributed Testing sddt-1.6.1.exe. Recently it started causing blue screen. I have deleted all the Distributed Testing files in the C:/Program files. Are there any other files belonging to this program that I should delete to be sure I have a clean pc? I want to be sure that there are no damaged files left, in case I reinstall the program later.

Ps. It has been running for months without any problems.

Hi

I reinstalled Distributed Testing and it is running without any problems now.

Default Problems with Windows 7

I've just got a Windows 7 PC and I've tried to install the Distributed Testing.

The installation goes okay except at the end when, after clicking Finish, I get the following error:

Unable to execute file: C:\Program Files\Spybot\SDistTestSvc.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 740.
    The requested operation requires elevation.

A screenshot of the error is in the attachment.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling which seemed to help others here and that didn't help.

I've tried starting and stopping the service using the Testing Console and that doesn't work and gives a "(Could not start[stop] service!) error.

I've tried checking "Run this application when the system starts" in the Testing Console Settings and that causes an error. I'll send the error report for this when I've posted this message.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get the Distributed Testing going?

Just wanted to report that I got the Distributed Testing to work in Windows 7 by right clicking on the sddt-1.6.1.exe file and selecting "Run as administrator" rather than just double clicking the file.

Note that I did this in my administrator account though I'm not sure if this is absolutely necessary.