Thread: registry issue...quicktime

Default registry issue...quicktime

I tried to install apple's quicktime player from their website. I downloaded the file successfully and right about when the installation was complete a s+d box pops up like usual and asks if i would like for quickime to be able to edit my registry...I say no. It comes up again...This time i say no to it and check remember this decision because it told me that it probably wasn\'t necessary. I can\'t seem to get quicktime to show up on my start menu or even under program files...How do i allow the registry change. The windows keep flooding the right side of my screen saying:
    "{the time} registry change denied identified as: user decision resident denied the change of QuickTime Task (category System Startup global entry) based on your black list."

I would really appreciate help with this.

Thanks,
    Josh

Hello Josh. From my assumptions, Apple's QuickTime Media Player is attempting to add itself to start-up with Windows.
    --
    In TeaTimer 1.5:

If you check "Remember this decision" on a registry change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information:
    • Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
      • Allowed registry changes
      • Blocked registry changes
      • Allowed processes
      • Blocked processes
    • You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. If entries you are interested in are for registry changes, the entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes".
    • You can delete stored entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.

--

Basically, you right-click on the TeaTimer icon and then click on SETTINGS. Find the QuickTime entry in one of the four tabs, and then click on the red X. Doubling click that will undo the changes. So it would be more like Spybot "forgetting" that decision.