Thread: Errors when running spybot

Default Errors when running spybot

Towards the end of the scan I get the following message " There were problems in the Include File C\Program Files\Spybot-search_destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi See "Include Error Log for details" I click OK and shortly after I get the message again and once again click OK and the program continues. Can someone explain what this message means and is there anything I can do?

I am also running version 1.4 and I have attempted to update to Version 1.5 without success. When I try to download version 1.5 I am told that I must remove version 1.4 first. When I go to Add and Remove Programs, I cannot find Spbot listed, and when I go the Spybot in All Programs and try to uninstall I get the following message " C:\ProgramFiles\Spybot-Search&Destroy\unins000.dat does not exist. Cannot Uninstall" Once again can anyone help?

Many thanks
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-06-14 at 20:02. Reason: Mod: thread moved from the tavern

Don't worry. You are using a dated version of Spybot.

Please download the latest version of Spybot-SD (1.5.2.20) at:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    --

First before uninstalling version 1.4, please disable SDHELPER and TEATIMER. Then undo the immunization. You can immunize again once it is upgraded.

Uninstall via ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS window. If you prompted to reboot, then restart the computer.

Install Spybot 1.5.2.20. Update and immunize.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Uninstall via ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS window. If you prompted to reboot, then restart the computer.
    goathland1 has already tried to uninstall Spybot-S&D 1.4 and he says:
    Quote Originally Posted by goathland1
    When I go to Add and Remove Programs, I cannot find Spbot listed, and when I go the Spybot in All Programs and try to uninstall I get the following message " C:\ProgramFiles\Spybot-Search&Destroy\unins000.dat does not exist. Cannot Uninstall"
    goathland1: Have you got Spybot-S&D 1.4 setup executable?If you have, then you should reinstall Spybot-S&D 1.4. When you reinstall Spybot-S&D 1.4, uninstall it. When you uninstall Spybot-S&D 1.4, you should be able to install Spybot-S&D 1.5.2.20.

Note: You have posted in Tavern.
    Tavern is a place to chat or ask general questions, no politics or religion please. Questions related to Spybot-S&D support/tools, should be posted in the Spybot-S&D forum. Not in the tavern. ;-)
    Last edited by Tom.K; 2008-06-14 at 19:49.

Hi There,

Sorry I have not been in touch but I was away over the weekend and have just returned home.

Many thanks Tom. K, I downloaded version 1.4 again as you suggested and then uninstalled it, and this time it uninstalled OK. I have now downloaded Version 1.5.2.20 and it is working perfectly.

I really appreciate your help and once again many thanks for your help

Michael

PS Also thanks to drragostea for attempting to solve my query, but as Tom.K pointed out I was unable to uninstall version 1.4.

PPS Sorry for posting my query in the wrong place.

Glad to of help. And also thanks to Tom, because he always catches the stuff I miss .