Thread: SB1.5 has a serious functional flaw, imho.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb SB1.5 has a serious functional flaw, imho.

As we all know users have to click on the "immunize button" to interface with the specific "immunization" function of SB in all version going back to v1.2 when immunization was first available.

What I have found when installing SB1.5 is that whenever the user presses the "immunize" button then SB1.5 "immunizes" all items available.

SB1.3 did not do this what it would do is open the screen to interface with the various options to "immunize" but would not just go ahead and "immunize" unless the user clicked on the button at the top of the "immunize" screen to "immunize".

Why is SB1.5 problematic the way it functions regarding opening the "immunize screen" and going ahead and "immunizing" all items?

Because the user may not want all items "immunized".

In SB1.3 when you enter the "immunize" interface screen the only thing that happens is that SB1.3 will check if there are items available that are not being protected and let the user know if this is the case. It is up to the user to then click on the "immunize" button to "immunized" unprotected items.

I would have expected SB1.5 to either NOT "immunize" everything upon entering the "immunize" screen or at least leave alone "profiles" that are "unchecked" (not selected by check mark).

In other words I would have assumed that if "profiles" are NOT CHECKED then they would be LEFT ALONE. But instead I found that all items are "immunized" and if the user did not want all items "immunized" then the user had to undo after "checking" (selecting the "profiles") to "UNDO" "immunization" since all is immunized even if "profiles" are unchecked. First I don't understand why "immunization" is done when simply entering the screen for "immunization" functions, but even more puzzling is why aren't UNCHECKED "profiles" left alone and not "immunized" after all they are "unchecked", right?

This is very time consuming, especially for a dial-up with several of the "profiles" having over 8K sized items in the specific "profiles".

In my case I had to have all of my Firefox "profiles" "unprotected" in order to solve "unresponsive Script" problems with SB1.5 before I was finally able to eventually then set all to "protect". It was very annoying every time I used the "immunize" screen to have to continually wait for all to be "protected" and then to then select "profiles" to set to "unprotected" and wait all over once again for that to be done.

Bottom line: SB needs to LEAVE ALONE ALL PROFILES THAT ARE NOT SELECTED (NOT CHECKED) and preferably not "immunize" AT ANY TIME (before entering the "immunize" screen) but to only do so when the user clicks the "immunize" button WITHIN the "immunize" screen. The "immunize" button WITHIN the "immunize" screen should be what takes care of ALL immunization.
    Last edited by caterwaul; 2008-06-18 at 20:08.