Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scan sort of stuck on Virtumonde.dll

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    CharlesF:

The scan for Virtumonde.dll does seem to take a significant portion of the overall scan time. Spybot 1.6, being beta tested now, greatly reduces the overall scan time and should help relieve the problem with the scan for Virtumonde.dll.
    Why only on W2k?

Regards,
    Charles

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

CharlesF:

The observation was made on my system running Spybot 1.5.2.20 and Spybot 1.6 beta 1. So it is not " ... only on W2k".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Wink

Yes, I am running vista and I have noticed that Spybot 1.6 Beta, slows down on Virtumonde.dll, but definitely not on the scale noticed here

Hey,
    Applied the latest updates to 1.5.2 and whenever it gets to the virtumonde section of the scan it SLOWS to a crawl or seems to stop altogether. I know that I can "ignore" that scan on the list since I've never had a virtumonde problem pop up, but I would rather get a full and complete scan everytime.
    Any solutions?
    Joe

I have the same problem, running v6 on win2k. Scan slows riiiiiight down on virtumonde, taking about 30 minutes before continuing. I'm reluctant to remove V'monde from the scan. Seems pointless to scan except for the one infection that seems to cause most difficulty.
    Anyone had any success solving this?

Quote Originally Posted by chessi3802 View Post
    Hey,
    Applied the latest updates to 1.5.2 and whenever it gets to the virtumonde section of the scan it SLOWS to a crawl or seems to stop altogether. I know that I can "ignore" that scan on the list since I've never had a virtumonde problem pop up, but I would rather get a full and complete scan everytime.
    Any solutions?
    Joe
    I run Spybot 1.5.2.0 as well and I've got this trouble too, only my scan takes literally HOURS to clear the Virtumonde.dll section of the scan! In the end I gave up. Anyone know of any way to get the damned thing working faster? As far as I can tell it's been okay up until the last week or so.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Bubo25:

Upgrade to Spybot 1.6. The installation program can be downloaded from here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.