Thread: Spybot starts scanning at start up?

Default Spybot starts scanning at start up?

Hello,
    Earlier I ran a upated scan of Spybot and it had trouble removing something that it had found on my system. I don't recall what it was now. Spybot asked if it could scan upon restart of my computer and I clicked ok. Now, after I downloaded the latest Windows update, it had to be restarted and Spybot commenced a scan. How can I stop this from occurring in the future? My system takes long enough to get going and waiting the extra half-hour or more really gets annoying. My wife will LOVE it when I happens to her!
    Any assistance in resolving this matter would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Joe

Hello,

In order to undo Spybot-S&D's automation, you can delete the configuration file (which is named Configuration.ini). Where it is located depends on your Windows version:
    (Please be sure that hidden files are shown. Please have a look at this page to see how to show hidden files and folders:
    http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html)

For Windows 95/98, the file is located in C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    For Windows ME, the file is located in C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    For Windows NT/2000/XP, you will find it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Either delete that file, or edit it (for example in notepad) setting all the Automation values in it to zero.
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?