Thread: progress window

Default progress window

I run a scheduled scan in the early morn, sometimes I'm up early too, when I do I see the Spybot loading progress bar at 100% and the scan splash telling me what its doing at that very moment time.

Neither window appears amenable to minimising, or at least I can't find a way, perhaps there's a secret method - if so could you let us know.

Why is Spybots Loading progress window there anyway, should it not have gone once Spybot's loaded.

In a scheduled scan I would prefer the app be represented by a sys tray icon, rather than a desktop hog, I have to move it in order to get at the things its concealing which results in concealing different things, so I have to move it again, and so it goes, and so it goes.

Sometimes if I'm using the system, when the scan has finished one of the two programs remains in the task bar (can't say which one because they each share the same title). I am forced to kill it with a rght click->Close, wait for the This Program is not Responding, click End Now, wait for it to do its stuff, and click Send report to Mucrosift; if its running, I;ll use SysInts ProcExp to effect a speedier end to the offending task. This never happens if I sleep in.

In summary when the progress bar window has had its say then please make it go away. And make the scan in system tray perform, perhaps with wheels a'spinnng or a pulsating orange glow. When scan is finished and before destruction starts, I'd like to have my say, to review and approve or deny as my fancy is that day; this change of state might be indicated Spypot adopting a lime green glow.
    Last edited by Urbane.Tiger; 2008-06-20 at 03:44. Reason: typo
    TUT

If in the long run you cannot say what you've been doing then your doing has been worthless - Erwin Schrodinger

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Urbane.Tiger:

What command line parameters are you using for the "... scheduled scan ..."?

Do you use or have you tried the "/taskbarhide" prameter?

See: Are there any command line parameters?.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOCLOSE

I'll add the autohide and remove autofix end we'll see what happens,

I run scanners from Avira, Microsoft, Comodo, Lavasoft and Spybot every day, on demand I run AVG, Kaspersky and Webroot scanners, only Spybot does not run in the system tray - seems a bit idiosyncratic to me.
    Last edited by Urbane.Tiger; 2008-06-20 at 20:40.
    TUT

If in the long run you cannot say what you've been doing then your doing has been worthless - Erwin Schrodinger

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Urbane.Tiger:

Quote Originally Posted by Urbane.Tiger View Post
    ... I'll add the autohide and remove autofix end we'll see what happens, ...
    I am not aware of an "autohide" parameter in the following reference:

I suggested trying the "/taskbarhide" prameter:

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    ... Do you use or have you tried the "/taskbarhide" prameter? ...

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thumbs up

/TASKBARHIDE is what I put in the command line - the error was in here

It just started. I see one task running as a service under winlogin - not splashed across screen

thanks for your help - still think it should show up as a tray icon like everything else (I can always make the icon non visible via Start->Properties.
    TUT