I had some problems in the past with spyware or whatever when I was using Firefox. The place that I noticed it in particular was when I would load my online email client, Juno.com. That little bar down at the bottom would flash many invading sites so quickly I could barely read any of the names. But the names were ones like tribalfusion, cyclops.prod.untd..., adyields, and much such garbage.

So, I quit using FireFox. But I just tried the new version 3 and really liked it because it was much faster than IE. But when I would go to the Juno.com site to access my email, I would see all those spybots (if that's what you call them) on the status bar at the bottom before the page would load.

This worried me, so I cranked up Spybot - Search and Destroy, updated it as I hadn't used it in a long time, and am not scanning with it. It's taking quite a long time to scan.

Anyway, I did a google search on the name of one of those invaders - cyclops.prod.untd - and came up with a link to this forum. So, I just thought I'd describe this experience as best I could here to see if the experts here could make any suggestions.

I was hoping that the new FireFox guarded against such stuff better. I would like to keep using it as it seems quite a bit faster than IE generally. But it isn't faster loading Juno.com what with all the spyware that wants to get loaded along with it.

Oh. I also use Zone Alarm as my firewall.

Thanks for any advice you can offer about this situation.

cheers.