Thread: tea timer question?

Default tea timer question?

My tea timer has recently started giving popups on lower right screen telling me it's blocking MSGS on my blacklist.

I see the report shows me a page and a half of this same blocking action.

So: how do I get this thing out of my blacklist? Or should it be out of my blacklist. Whatever it is, it's trying to make an entry change.

Guess I could turn Tea Timer off, but would like to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rbigg View Post
    ...on my blacklist.
    Have you chosen for TeaTimer to remember your decision?
    --
    In TeaTimer 1.5:

If you check "Remember this decision" on a registry change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information:
    • Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
      • Allowed registry changes
      • Blocked registry changes
      • Allowed processes
      • Blocked processes
    • You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. If entries you are interested in are for registry changes, the entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes".
    • You can delete stored entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.

--

You can undo this action only if you chosen to "Remember my Decision". There is no undo for allowing or denying a change.

Elaborate on what this MSGS is. I'm getting vague information from Google.

Smile

rbigg,

I assume from what you have said that you have at some stage asked Teatimer to remember a decision of yours to not allow some specific event.

What ever that event was, it is still trying to do what ever it was trying to do in the first place, and each time it does Teatimer is blocking it, just like you asked it to remember to do, but it does remind you each time that it is still doing it.

Now you have to make another decision - if you remove the event from Teatimer' list, next time it occurs it will once again ask you to make a decision, to block or not to block and to remember or not remember. If you deactivate Teatimer to get rid of these reminders (which is sort of like killing the messenger), the event will then have nothing to stop it occurring and that might be quite bad depending on what it is. So the decision now is to either let it occur and take the consequences, or leave Teatimer blocking it and put up with the reminders, or find out how to get rid of the event itself - ie. resolve the cause of the problem.