Thread: Comparing Immunization Spybot Numbers

Default Comparing Immunization Spybot Numbers

Hi new to this forum my question is why is my immunization number on spoybot s&d 1.4 different than a freind of mine when clicking on the +immuniuze button tells me 9239 a freind of mine has a number over 14,000 there is differences in our systems 1 is winxp pro and other is winxp home also 1 system has service pack 2 and the other system does not have service pack 2. Thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Hard to explain but probably not a problem nor a concern.

Spybot immunizes in multiple registry hives!!!

If your friends count is 14225 than both your count of 9239 and his of 14225 could be correct. When I immunize on an XP Home system with one Computer Administrator user account logged on I get an immunization count of 9239 (after the 2006-03-10 updates). If I logon to two Computer Administrator user accounts both will show 10901 (a difference of 1662). This is because the second accounts registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive has been loaded into the HKEY_USERS and is visible to both accounts. Projecting the difference of 1662 out to four (4) users comes out to 14225. I assume that your friend has four users accounts and logged them all on at some point (not necessarily concurrently but sometime before rebooting) while immunizing.

ps: After re-booting the system and logging on to a single Computer Administrator user account the immunization count is back to 9239 whereas it showed 10901 prior to logging off and rebooting.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-03-16 at 14:03. Reason: Added a post script.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.