Thread: Spybot turning off computer?

Default Spybot turning off computer?

I just got spybot the other night, and decided not to use it till today.
    Yet every time I go to preform a scan- about... 3/5th of the way through, it (or something) turns off my computer. At first, I thought it was simply because of the heat- so I left it for a few hours. So I came back, and tried to run SB again- not too long after it started up, same thing, computer turned off. This game of "tag" has been going on all day. I think i can stay on if I don't run Sb.
    But this happened once, before I downloaded/installed SB. So it just might be some malware or virus... All I know if that the computer will randomly shut down before SB finishes, and from what i can tell- no pop ups come up neither.

- You'rs truely, teh nub

Can elaborate on the issue a little more?

Were you running any other programs at this time? What is your OS?

What about the version of Spybot (HELP>ABOUT)?

My bad.
    The whole issue is, my computer will randomly turn off. No warnings nor alerts before hand. Version 1.5.2.20, and I'm on Microsoft Window's home edition verions 2002. O_o
    First few times, only sybot was running, then spybot and iTunes.. Last time- I had Firefox 3, iTunes, and MSN instant messenger going too. In some freak nub attempt to figure out the problem.

One possible cause of the computer shutting down during a Spybot scan is posted here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=4799
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2008-06-26 at 05:43.