Thread: registry denied keeps popping up again

Default registry denied keeps popping up again

Hi,

I had a registry change pop up callled session manager. I'm not aware of downloading any programs which would have that so I clicked deny but it kept popping up again. so I clicked allow (yes I know I shouldn't have. Damn. But I would have got the same problem with that as I'm going on to describe). Then another change came up 'Exclude from known DLLs' so I thought no way. But it keeps popping back. Because it's in my blacklist it keeps getting denied but keeps trying anyway.

How can I get rid of it?

thanks
    Hope

Actually you don't really get rid of the entry itself, but just to undo it :P.
    --
    In TeaTimer 1.5:

If you check "Remember this decision" on a registry change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information:
    • Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
      • Allowed registry changes
      • Blocked registry changes
      • Allowed processes
      • Blocked processes
    • You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. If entries you are interested in are for registry changes, the entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes".
    • You can delete stored entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.

--

Basically open the SETTINGS of TeaTimer and find the entries that have been denied by you. Double click on the red X and TeaTimer will undo that action. More like Spybot forgetting that it ever occurred.

However, this only applies to when you ticked "Remember my Decision". If you did not do that, there is no way to undo that action unless it would manually editing the registry (which I would not suggest to beginners) or repeat the action/task.

Smile Thanks

Thanks so much that's really clear. I kept looking in the main spybot program settings for the blacklist and of course it isn't there! Duh.

I shut down the computer in despair last night right after posting (early morning British time - I felt brain dead!)fed up with the boxes popping up. When I started it today the boxes didn't come back. Not sure if that's a good thing or not! I looked at the blacklist and the entry is there. I haven't changed it since the boxes have gone.

Thanks for your help. I'll make sure to tick the 'remember my decision' every time.

Hope

You're welcome. Glad to be of help.

I'm fed up too... by malware and SmitFraud, and all those geeky tech stuff ^_^.