Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Defs and Old version cases logon issue

Default HellzLittleSpy Fix that really, really does work…..

HellzLittleSpy Fix that really, really does work…..

Numerous, recent posts have indicated that the 06/25/08 update with SpyBot V1.3 seems to indicate CoolWWWSearch.hjg and HellzLittleSpy as false positives.

After going through the absolute “nightmare” of restoring my home network after letting SpyBot remove the “Userinit” value from the registry, here is how I managed to get my 3 home network PC set up back when the Userinit reg setting gets wiped out from the reg value settings,

As you know you can’t even really effectively boot into SafeMode, so you can’t even run a DOS prompt to run any batch program to re-write the registry, you get into that endless logon – logoff loop, etc., etc.,

………………..WELL DON’T RUN TO REFORMAT!

Go to the big audio/video chain stores and get a product called “Fix It Utilities Professional version 8. It is made by Avanquest, it sells for about $40, and it’s a 3 user license. Pop the CD into your drive, change any bios/boot up settings to allow the PC to boot from the CD rather than the hard drive and let the CD boot. Once it boots, and the interface comes up, run the program called Recovery Commander. Choose the option to restore from a System Restore Checkpoint. Let it run and assuming you do have a series of system checkpoints to choose from, you should be OK, once you reboot. This is a lifesaver!

By the way, I do not work for this company, I am not trying to submit an ad, I don’t get any kickbacks, I too was beyond enraged after letting Spybot screw my PC. Then I remembered that I had this software. I use this for other stuff, this utility is loaded with other things that you will want to use, I repeat it is a Lifesaver and perhaps the best $40 you will ever spend, since without that reg value your PC is nothing more than a very large and heavy paperweight!!!!!

By the way see my previous post about yet another false positive!

Hope this helps the countless users that seem to be hit by this “false positive”

HP-XP_User

Default HellzLittleSpy Fix that really, really does work…..

Numerous, recent posts have indicated that the 06/25/08 update with SpyBot V1.3 seems to indicate CoolWWWSearch.hjg and HellzLittleSpy as false positives.

After going through the absolute “nightmare” of restoring my home network after letting SpyBot remove the “Userinit” value from the registry, here is how I managed to get my 3 home network PC set up back when the Userinit reg setting gets wiped out from the reg value settings,

As you know you can’t even really effectively boot into SafeMode, so you can’t even run a DOS prompt to run any batch program to re-write the registry, you get into that endless logon – logoff loop, etc., etc.,

Go to the big audio/video chain stores and get a product called “Fix It Utilities Professional version 8. It is made by Avanquest, it sells for about $40, and it’s a 3 user license. Pop the CD into your drive, change any bios/boot up settings to allow the PC to boot from the CD rather than the hard drive and let the CD boot. Once it boots, and the interface comes up, run the program called Recovery Commander. Choose the option to restore from a System Restore Checkpoint. Let it run and assuming you do have a series of system checkpoints to choose from, you should be OK, once you reboot. This is a lifesaver!

By the way, I do not work for this company, I am not trying to submit an ad, I don’t get any kickbacks, I too was beyond enraged after letting Spybot screw my PC. Then I remembered that I had this software. I use this for other stuff, this utility is loaded with other things that you will want to use, I repeat it is a Lifesaver and perhaps the best $40 you will ever spend, since without that reg value your PC is nothing more than a very large and heavy paperweight!!!!!

Hope this helps the countless users that seem to be hit by this “false positive”

HP-XP_User

Default HellzLittleSpy Fix that really, really does work…..You will get to Logon!!!

HP-XP_User

Default HellzLittleSpy Fix that really, really does work…..You will be able to logon and boot

HP-XP_User

Default HellzLittleSpy Fix that really, really does work…..You will be able to boot and logon

This is perhaps the 4th time I posted this on this forum, I will continue to post this until the "Spybot Team" gets their act together, and comes up with a "free fix" since what, perhaps the entire computer community is plaqued with this!

………………..WELL DON’T RUN TO REFORMAT!, DON'T DO A DESTRUCTIVE REINSTALL!!!!

By the way see my previous post about guess what, yet another false positive!

Hope this helps the countless, and I now see truly countless users that seem to be hit by this “false positive”

HP-XP_User

Default HellzLittleSpy Fix that really, really does work…..You will be able to boot and logon

This is perhaps now the 5th time I posted this on this forum, I will continue to post this until the "Spybot Team" gets their act together, and comes up with a "free fix" since what, perhaps the entire computer community is plaqued with this! And when I say a free fix, I mean a fix that does not require you to jump through hoops to accomplish, not everyone is computer savvy or even has the time to tweak the registry, or download yet more garbage !!!

………………..WELL DON’T RUN TO REFORMAT!, DON'T DO A DESTRUCTIVE REINSTALL!!!!

By the way see my previous post about guess what, yet another false positive!

Hope this helps the countless, and I now see truly countless users that seem to be hit by this “false positive”

HP-XP_User

Please see my post here. I kind of doubt that "countless" users do have the habit of ignoring error messages and updates both.

I can understand that users like you are frustrated, but I personally would be more frustrated with myself that in the first place that I demanded updates to at least run in parts on 1.3 because I did not want to update, then ignore the warnings, then to complain they were not fully compatible. If they were fully compatible, we wouldn't have released three (soon four) versions since then, right?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Reply

I can understand that users like you are frustrated, but I personally would be more frustrated with myself that in the first place that I demanded updates to at least run in parts on 1.3 because I did not want to update, then ignore the warnings, then to complain they were not fully compatible. If they were fully compatible, we wouldn't have released three (soon four) versions since then, right?

You say, … “I can understand that users like you are frustrated…” no frustrated is not the word, the word is ENRAGED.
    Fact:
    a) Your product screwed many users.

b) Don’t use the “you need to update rationale”. Users who are using v 1.5.2 are still experiencing the same problems

c) Your solutions… your solutions are TECHNO BABBLE to many users. You do realize that there are some users whose computer skills may be limited to turning the PC on, using the mouse and keyboard and that’s it! And you expect them to tweak the registry. ARE YOU KIDDING? I don’t have to tell you (or maybe I do) one mistake, one typo in the registry and the computer could be screwed more than before.
    Solutions, no they are not solutions, they are TECHNO BABBLE MUSCLE FLEXING… each one trying to outdo the other and impress the world with how computer savvy they are.

d) You say … “We kept the updates available for 1.3 users simply for those who were forced to keep using it e.g. because they have Windows 95 and not enough RAM for a newer version,” well if the updates were not really fully compatible with the older version then maybe the updates should not have loaded, or a warning screen, text file whatever should have advised that. There are other products out there that does not allow automatically loading the updates with the older version if there are compatibility issues. Not everyone remembers that they checked or unchecked some nebulous check box when they were first setting up and tweaking the install.

Lastly, I have no real intention; desire or the time to really perpetuate this threads any further. I have no intention to upgrade to version 1.5, version 1.6, or even version 1 million and 4 for that matter.

Do you really even bother to look at your board, the number of people hit with this logon-logoff issue is growing. I will say it again use the following item… “Fix It Utilities Professional version 8. It is made by Avanquest, it sells for about $40, and it’s a 3 user license. Pop the CD into your drive, change any bios/boot up settings to allow the PC to boot from the CD rather than the hard drive and let the CD boot. Once it boots, and the interface comes up, run the program called Recovery Commander. Choose the option to restore from a System Restore Checkpoint. Let it run and assuming you do have a series of system checkpoints to choose from, you should be OK, once you reboot. This is a lifesaver!

Now of course, I am sure you will move this post around the forum as you did with my other posts, yeah hide the evidence!

Your product is history, especially after “Hellz Little screw up” and I will advise others to do so likewise…

BYE

Yes, I could have said "enraged", I could've also said "crazy", and I could've said "deceptive" seeing you play around with two different identities to heat up the situation instead of solving it. You did exactly what you accused me of - trying to hijack other peoples threats and turning the attention away from their problems to yours. So when I moved your posts, that was to avoid spam.

And as you can read in the other post I linked to, Spybot-S&D does warn the user about incompatible databases designed for newer versions. A forum search shows 66 threads dealing with the question what exactly this error message means.

Sure, there might be other software out there that does not allow loading of updates designed for newer versions. But then, if you were a Windows 95 user not being able to download the newest updates, I'm pretty sure you would be among the first as well to complain that we wouldn't supply you with updates any more just because you didn't like to download the main application updates offered.

And if I would not talk "techno babble" but go on ranting as crazy as you are, you would accuse me of exactly that, so I can't win. But then, I'm probably going to live about a dozen years longer than you because I'm not risking heart attacks on such things (and yes, I've wrecked a lot of own systems while playing around with system internals).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Yes, I could have said "enraged", I could've also said "crazy", and I could've said "deceptive" seeing you play around with two different identities to heat up the situation instead of solving it. You did exactly what you accused me of - trying to hijack other peoples threats and turning the attention away from their problems to yours. So when I moved your posts, that was to avoid spam.

And as you can read in the other post I linked to, Spybot-S&D does warn the user about incompatible databases designed for newer versions. A forum search shows 66 threads dealing with the question what exactly this error message means.

Sure, there might be other software out there that does not allow loading of updates designed for newer versions. But then, if you were a Windows 95 user not being able to download the newest updates, I'm pretty sure you would be among the first as well to complain that we wouldn't supply you with updates any more just because you didn't like to download the main application updates offered.

And if I would not talk "techno babble" but go on ranting as crazy as you are, you would accuse me of exactly that, so I can't win. But then, I'm probably going to live about a dozen years longer than you because I'm not risking heart attacks on such things (and yes, I've wrecked a lot of own systems while playing around with system internals).

Wrong… one identity, one user name… and no not spam, just facts! Look at the board and the messages.Your product screwed many users. And I did solve it, I offered a real easy no brainer solution that works!

Only if you actually remembered checking or unchecking some checkbox when you did the initial install and tweak. Some people have a life and don’t remember such trivia.

Crazy no, dual identity no, schizophrenic no, just plain angry, and enraged there is a real distinction. Some people actually use the computer for a livelihood and when it goes down, they can’t work.

Positively, I have no real intention; desire or the time to really perpetuate this threads any further.

Bye