HellzLittleSpy Fix that really, really does work…..

Numerous, recent posts have indicated that the 06/25/08 update with SpyBot V1.3 seems to indicate CoolWWWSearch.hjg and HellzLittleSpy as false positives.

After going through the absolute “nightmare” of restoring my home network after letting SpyBot remove the “Userinit” value from the registry, here is how I managed to get my 3 home network PC set up back when the Userinit reg setting gets wiped out from the reg value settings,

As you know you can’t even really effectively boot into SafeMode, so you can’t even run a DOS prompt to run any batch program to re-write the registry, you get into that endless logon – logoff loop, etc., etc.,

………………..WELL DON’T RUN TO REFORMAT!

Go to the big audio/video chain stores and get a product called “Fix It Utilities Professional version 8. It is made by Avanquest, it sells for about $40, and it’s a 3 user license. Pop the CD into your drive, change any bios/boot up settings to allow the PC to boot from the CD rather than the hard drive and let the CD boot. Once it boots, and the interface comes up, run the program called Recovery Commander. Choose the option to restore from a System Restore Checkpoint. Let it run and assuming you do have a series of system checkpoints to choose from, you should be OK, once you reboot. This is a lifesaver!

By the way, I do not work for this company, I am not trying to submit an ad, I don’t get any kickbacks, I too was beyond enraged after letting Spybot screw my PC. Then I remembered that I had this software. I use this for other stuff, this utility is loaded with other things that you will want to use, I repeat it is a Lifesaver and perhaps the best $40 you will ever spend, since without that reg value your PC is nothing more than a very large and heavy paperweight!!!!!

By the way see my previous post about yet another false positive!

Hope this helps the countless users that seem to be hit by this “false positive”

HP-XP_User