Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Spybot-S&D 1.6, Release Candidate 1

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post
    Usage track removal isn't working for FF3 cookies, it picks them up to be deleted but when you select them and tell Spybot to delete them it doesn't actually do it.
    Any update in regard to this, it seems to have been ignored? Spybot can detect cookies in FF3 but the usage track scan can't actually delete them it seems.

Oh sorry, not ignored, just overlooked, there are so many small issues here and I concentrated on that big label "crash" somewhat
    I'm going to see into that next
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Scanning time with RC1: 8:54 (FF3 bookmarks almost 3 min) and found two entries mentioned before.
    Scanning time ith new version 6:08(FF3 bookmarks about 10s) and found nothing.

Definitely a huge improvement.
    Last edited by Ivan1981; 2008-07-02 at 00:03.

@Broken Hopes: many thanks for reminding about that issue again
    Found the problem - if you're an ultra-heavy internet user, the continuously increased unique cookie ID can get into astronomic heights
    I must admit I did believe one couldn't get more than 2^31 newly assigned cookies (that's 2,147,483,648), but it seems I was wrong (or Firefox doesn't necessarily start with 0).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Updating does not let me choose the update location. The updater flies by so fast not able to check the option to check for beta updates and location can not be chosen. Please remove the stupid automation for the updater so the location and other options can be checked manually.

Quote Originally Posted by molitar View Post
    Updating does not let me choose the update location. The updater flies by so fast not able to check the option to check for beta updates and location can not be chosen. Please remove the stupid automation for the updater so the location and other options can be checked manually.
    Please read the stupid beta threads so you don't repeat something already addressed:

report: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...5&postcount=70

response: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...0&postcount=71

Well even reading them threads and the response. I see no options in the options to disable the automatic update for checking the locations or anything else. It seems the updater has been dumbed down and I have tried the update button and the menu and it acts the same either way.. it updates automatically not letting the options be chosen at all.

Well even reading them threads and the response. I see no options in the options to disable the automatic update for checking the locations or anything else. It seems the updater has been dumbed down and I have tried the update button and the menu and it acts the same either way.. it updates automatically not letting the options be chosen at all.
    Are you sure you read the response?

Are you really saying that the updater works the same if you select Start -> Programs -> Spybot-S&D -> Update Spybot-S&D?

And you really don't see a "Web update" section under the Settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0 Voltage View Post
    Are you sure you read the response?

Are you really saying that the updater works the same if you select Start -> Programs -> Spybot-S&D -> Update Spybot-S&D?

And you really don't see a "Web update" section under the Settings?
    To a degree in that it will let you select the beta update and the other check box from that updater. But the location does not appear in that updater either. I notice when I ran the updater it was updating from some foreign country and not the USA. That is why this being automated needs to be a selectable option in the options. I want my updates coming from the USA not some country that I can't barely pronounce.

To a degree in that it will let you select the beta update and the other check box from that updater. But the location does not appear in that updater either. I notice when I ran the updater it was updating from some foreign country and not the USA. That is why this being automated needs to be a selectable option in the options. I want my updates coming from the USA not some country that I can't barely pronounce.
    Funny, it lets me select the location:

Are you just not getting the choice because no updates are available after your last update?

Or perhaps you cannot pronounce USA? Should be easy enough. It's even spelled out for you.

Heck, I can even pronounce Germany, Canada, and Europe...