Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Immunization against the Right Media tracking cookie

Hello,

Same here, this cookie just keeps on coming back (or is staying) on my pc.

Spybot is updated and immunisation too. As antivirusprogramm I run Norton Internet Security (updated as well).

Your help is appreciated,

Charles

Default Beginning

Yes indeed, I'm beginning, & I have imagined, that it was a "response"
    So, hello, excuse-me, please, for my poor english (I come from Belgium , my language is french).
    Perhaps, read you later ?
    Have a good WE
    Viviane

Default Right Media Cookie

Yes, I can also confirm this being a problem.
    Every time I fix the selected problem, it keeps comming back on the next scan...

I also had the problem of Right Media tracking cookie that keeps appearing. I changed my browser setting like @spybotsandra said.
    Guess where the cookie was coming from? Yahoo Messenger! The first time I log in to YM after my cookie settings, YM showed me a pop-up asking if ad.yieldmanager can set a cookie (of course I selected no).
    Try it guys, I hope this helps!
    Thank you @spybotsandra!

Default Safe mode

Run the computer in safe mode and run your spyware and virus programs than. It got rid of it this way for me and its been a few months and hasnt come back till i recently got a virus BPS.PERFORMANCECENTER

it keeps coming back for me, ive never installed yahoo messenger on this pc, and i dont use I.E. im a firefox boi, still cant get rid and ive tried everything in this thread

My os is Vista ultimate x64 sp2.
    and my antivirus is bit defender total security 09 fully updated

ive found this worked for me so far

as administrator in safe mode

How to Remove rightmedia.com Cookie from Your Computer

You can effectively remove the rightmedia.com cookie from your computer with Exterminate It!.

After installing the program, run a scan to display the rightmedia.com cookie in the Scan Result screen and remove this file. For information on running scans and removing the items found, see the Exterminate It! Help.

Please note, that during the removal of the rightmedia.com cookie using Exterminate It!, the cookie is only temporarily removed and it will be automatically recreated when you visit the rightmedia.com website again, or when you visit any other website that uses any of the rightmedia.com components.

For information on how to permanently prevent the rightmedia.com cookie from being recreated, refer to Permanent Blocking of rightmedia.com Cookie section.
    rightmedia.com Categorized as:
    Tracking Cookie

Normally, cookies, which are small text files that certain Web sites leave on computers to store information identifying users and customize Web site content for them (such as the user’s Web site settings and preferences, a list of visited pages, computer details, and shopping card information), are harmless. However, some cookies may be used to track and transmit browsing preferences or other private information to online marketers and spammers.
    How Did rightmedia.com Cookie Appear at My PC?

The following are the most likely reasons why your computer got populated with rightmedia.com cookie:

* You have directly visited rightmedia.com
    * A website that you have visited uses some of the components (pages, files, images, and so on) of the rightmedia.com website
    * A software application with Internet-enabled functionality that had previously accessed the rightmedia.com website was running on your PC (in this case, the rightmedia.com cookie will be saved in Internet Explorer)

Detecting rightmedia.com Cookie

You can detect the presence of the rightmedia.com cookie in your system using the Exterminate It! antimalware application. This way, the detection and removal will be performed automatically. Alternatively, you can choose to perform the following steps, depending on the browser you are using:
    To detect rightmedia.com cookie in Internet Explorer (IE)

Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)

1. From the Tools menu, or the Tools list in the upper right section, select Internet Options
    2. Under Browsing History, click Settings
    3. Click View Objects or View Files
    4. Check if for the rightmedia.com cookie is present on the list

Internet Explorer 5.x-6.x (IE5-IE6)

1. From the Tools menu, select Options or Internet Options
    2. In the General tab, click Settings
    3. Select View Files

You can identify the rightmedia.com cookie files by checking the file names beneath the Name or Internet Address column. The files will contain the Cookie: rightmedia.com element.
    To detect rightmedia.com cookie in Mozilla Firefox (FF)

1. From the Tools menu, select Options
    2. In the upper section of the Options window, click Privacy
    3. In the Cookies tab, click Show Cookies
    4. In the Cookies window, enter rightmedia.com in the Search field and run a search, or you can scroll down the list to check whether the rightmedia.com cookie is present there

Permanent Blocking of rightmedia.com Cookie on Your PC

Below, you will find instructions on how to block the rightmedia.com cookie permanently in the different browsers.
    To block rightmedia.com cookie in Internet Explorer

1. From the Tools menu of Internet Explorer, select Internet Options
    2. Select the Privacy tab, and then click Sites. The Per site privacy actions window will be displayed
    3. In the Per site privacy actions window, enter rightmedia.com in the Address of Web site field
    4. Click Block

To block rightmedia.com cookie in Mozilla Firefox

1. From the Tools menu, select Options
    2. In the upper section of the Options window, click Privacy
    3. In the Cookies tab, click Exceptions
    4. In the new Exceptions - Cookies window, enter rightmedia.com in the Address of Website field and click Disable

Quote Originally Posted by paradocs View Post
    The Right Media tracking cookie is NOT removed like Spybot claims. I can be OFF the internet and run Spybot twice consecutively. Tracking cookies other than Right Media are no longer there on the second running but the Right Media cookie remains. Somehow it has fooled Spybot into thinking it has been deleted on the first pass when it has not.

I update Spybot weekly and immunize after each update. I also run Windows Defender (which is set for automatic updates) and Ad-Aware which I update each time I am on the internet. Neither Defender nor Ad-Aware flags the Right Media cookie.

Deleting cookies does not get rid of this thing, either as someone suggested.

For anti-virus I run avast! which has automatic update.

I really would like to get rid of the Right Media cookie

I also have this problem. I use AVG antivrus which has done very well for me but the right media still comes up flagged as red. By definition, a red flag indicates true spyware, so I would think this should be removed regardless of file size, reoccurance frequency, harmless or not.

Thumbs up Right Media FIX!

Hi, I stumbled on here tonight looking for a fix for "right media" cookie. After reading all posts I RIGHT clicked on "right media" cookie and selected "EXCLUDE THIS DETECTION FROM FURTHER SEARCHES". It seems to have worked. I've rebooted my computer, reran Spybot and found nothing. Opened Firefox 5.0 and used it a bit, then reran Spybot again and found nothing. Opened Internet Explorer and used it for awhile (I seldom use IE), reran Spybot again and found nothing but.... "Congratulations! No immediate threats were found."

Seems like an awful simple fix for something that's gone on for so long....so I'm hoping it stays fixed!

Give it a try and I hope it works for you.

FYI, I use Kapersky antivirus, Spybot and Malware Bytes to keep my computer clean.

Egret

Quote Originally Posted by Egret View Post

Seems like an awful simple fix for something that's gone on for so long....so I'm hoping it stays fixed!

Egret
    Right Media is NOT fixed, it is simply not detected but still present on you system. You just told Spybot to not show it, although it is there.
    (m/f)