View Poll Results: Have you been infected with Virtumonde?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 63.64%
  • No

12 36.36%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Have you been infected with Virtumonde?

Default yes

i have ran ll of the above and more i have tyed every thing i can think of and all hat others have tolde so fare its some how gotten into the boot time segmant of my hardrives as well so its ow more then your standerd fore the standerd (virtualmondan(sorry fore the speling)) i hav 3 difarent forms of it one th standerd 2 ends in ".dl" and 3rd ends in "gtx"

Don't worry. A malware fighter will help your purge Virtumonde from your computer ASAP. However, remember that the Malware Forums is busy, I should say very busy and volunteers are not active 24/7.

Virtumonde can be persistent to remove, regardless of scanning in 'Safe Mode' or during bootup. So this is why I am asking you to await a response in the Malware Forums.

Default hmmm....

i know but in 8 days it will have been on my pc fore 3 munths and its relly anoyying me because it keeps downloading new things like "zlob downloader" and "adrevolver" all the time i have 13 standing problems of the virtuwal standrd 8 of gxt and 108 of .dll i do wait pashenty but im begining to think its now becomeing a hoples case.... im just worryed that some one may have acses to my contacts so i sreded them quickly... i know ppl in hi places so i had to but getting them back haha not so easy.... but thank you eney way i hope sooner or latter that i will be able to sort it out.

Then why have you not requested help during that 3 month period? 'AdRevolver' is not considered "malware" but it's just a harmless tracking cookie.

Do you use a firewall? How about an anti-virus program? At least using these tools will keep the spyware/viruses at bay.

A helper will assist you as soon as possible. So don't continue to worry.

Default yes and yes

i use avg 7.5 (new one) spyboy s&d 1.6 and hijack this (fore really bad problems) also i have avg anti route kit and on ocaston i usemy shotgun disk witch is an anti virous a skilled softwere dveloper made fore me ya just put it in and it gose to work on its own i have never had a virous before so ts all new ground also i use the comando plus fire wall because it works perfectly with windows fire wall yet this thing hass bypassed both them and all my spy were anti-virus were and anti rutkits so idk what to do at all now and i have been looking fore help just at other places and i have evern tryed re-formating my pc and it has had no efect witch relly pissed me off and it also maniged to get thru my firewalled v.p.n i-net switch
    Last edited by lused-nightmare; 2008-07-26 at 04:15. Reason: missed some info
    spybot s&d 1.6
    xp pro (32-bit) sp3
    cpu: p4 (rare dule core module) 3.90ghz cpu1 (oveclocked) 3.60ghz (not overclocked)

Well, really in my perspective... the virus or malware did not exactly "bypass" your solutions or Comodo Pro Firewall. I would call it... user decision. Usually careless mistakes would have resulted in this infection. Let it be a malicious .exe file from a unknown attachment or a malicious drive-by-download. You get the point.

I believe AVG 7.5 is no longer supported by Grisoft. If you're running a Windows XP OS, you can safely upgrade to AVG 8.0 as it offers simultaneous protection against both spyware and viruses. There's not really sense in running a outdated program when it can not actively defend you. As for AVG Anti-rootkitm it has not been updated in a while. I think it was in March 2007 that was when it was last updated.

HiJackThis is not a anti-spyware tool nor is it a substitute for any anti-spyware or virus tool. It is a diagnostic tool who provides detailed information about your running Operating System.