Thread: Global (Hosts) Won't immunize

Unhappy Global (Hosts) Won't immunize

Howdy,
    I initially had a TrojanC.SBI error. As per a post I removed my old version of Spybot and then installed 1.5.2. That error is gone but now when I tried to immunize the system the Global (Hosts) line shows 32 items still unprotected. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by cretienlt; 2008-07-02 at 03:36. Reason: typo

Providing more information would be great.

What is your OS?
    Are you by any change running Webroot's SpySweeper or ZoneAlarm Firewall?

Hello,

Some users have reported that they use SpySweeper or SpywareBlaster and shutting them down solves the problem. ZoneAlarm might also block the global hosts. If you go to Firewall in ZoneAlarm on the left and then the main tab in the upper right then go down to the advance button and click on it you will see under General setting "Lock Hosts file".

Further please try the following:
    Open Spybot > Immunize > under Windows uncheck Global (Hosts). Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Hosts file > and then click on the "Add Spybot S&D hosts list" button. Go back into Spybot > Immunize
    The problem that not all global host entries have been immunized has also been discussed in our forum:
    Immunize Global Hosts
    Immunize
    Immunize Problems

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Question Looks good now, I believe...

Howdy,
    I am running win 2K Pro SP 4 using IE 6.0 version 2800.1106 128-bit Cipher with AVG Version 8.0.134 as my antivirus. I am not using Webroot's SpySweeper or ZoneAlarm Firewall.
    I did try what "spybotsandra" suggested. It seemed to work. My only concern is that while immunizing the status bar move rapidly about 7/8 of the way through then the process hanged about 30 seconds then completed. Is that normal??

Thanks for the help and suggestions,