Thread: Unable to open my own website

Question Unable to open my own website

Hi,
    I have a personal website using my own domain. I pay for hosting. For some reason I cannot open my website using my laptop. I can open a second website on the same server that uses a subdomain. For example. www.mydomain.com does not open, but subsite.mydomain.com does open.

If I try it from my desktop computer everything opens.
    Both computers are running XP Home.. I have tried is using both Firefox and IE. On the desktop everything opens in both browsers. On the laptop, only the subdomain opens.
    THis site is just a hobby, I have not submitted to search engines. it contains little content. What could cause my own website not to open? I checked the hosts file and didn't see my site in there.. Where can I look?
    Last edited by talon39; 2008-06-29 at 02:26.

Ok, I cleared all temp files, cookie, cache ect.. in firefox. This fixed the problem. oddly enough this also fixed the problem in IE.
    I recently had a strange problem where Spybot S&D would stop every time I tried to scan. It would say "User Aborted scan". If I tried to scan in Safe Mode the the power would cut on the PC after about 30 seconds. I ran Kasperski free scan and deleted everything it found. I also ran superantispyware and removed everything. Evens stuff that might be a false positive. That's when this strange behavior started.

This might be a malware infection. Zlob perhaps?
    -- To make sure all of the malware is off, I would suggest you visit the Malware Forums.

Kaspersky online scanner offers removal?