Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Update-Server Available - None!

Hmm, my Problem seems to be solved, but i didnt do anything. Now it works as usual. It says "no updates availible" and i can choose a mirror. hmmm

Thumbs up Solution for: No Update-Server Available - None!

Ok, I solved this one.

Today I installed de latest SpyBot version, and the first thing I want it to do is Update my Definitions, and there where no servers listed.

Solution:
    First make sure you have access to the Internet, you might need to set up the Internet Connection in the SpyBot software. In my case I have a firewall for my network to access the Internet, this means that I have to specify the Gateway IP address and Port number that I use to surf the Internet.

How to do it:
    1.- Open the Spybot software.
    2.- In the main menu, click Mode, now select Advanced Mode.
    3.- In the left pane, click the +Settings option, this will roll down some options.
    4.- Now in that list that just rolled down, click Settings. On the right pane, you'll see a list of options.
    5.- Now in this list, scroll down until you find Web Update.
    6.- Going down a little, Click on the box that says Use proxy to connect to update server. A dialog window hast to Pop Up!
    7.- In this dialog, insert Host: ip address and Port: port number, If your firewall uses authentification, there are field to fill up.
    A sample:
    IP: 192.168.1.1
    Port: 8085
    8:- To finish Click Ok

Now try updating again, you should be able to see the new definitions to download.

Don't give up

Carlos
    acdiaz@gmail.com